Monday, April 9, 2007

Being a "real" person....:)

When I graduated law school, someone once humerously said:

"How does it feel to be a REAL person now?!"

Maybe I should have felt like a "real" person.. coming of age..graduating..blah blah...etc.. but in reality, I was totally dreading it. I had NO idea what I was doing.. as all of you know. I felt like, while I had a GREAT job and a GREAT opportunity there, my passion for it had totally died..at least in terms of that job. I kept praying it would come back...but it never really did. So, here I am.. about a year later.. and I resigned from my employer last week. Those of you who know me, know the whole story from beginning to end....from May to now and know I'm not exactly a quitter...even when I'm miserable...All in all, I was there 4 years and now, after the shock of a lifetime in resigning from my job for many reasons, I am truly starting to feel like that "real" person that someone alluded to last year. :) I'm pretty freaked out, but hey... everything happens for a reason, right?! :) So, chin up on my end....and prepare to read about my job search on your end!

I got tired of my blog being easily found on google.. and also of having to be rather g-rated since lots of people had the address (at my former employer especially). So, while you shouldnt prepare yourself for any triple x ratings, I can finally speak more freely! :)

3 comments:

*shelbs* said...

Jackie - I blog all the time, I just blog at blog.myspace.com/twinkletini - I told you this months ago, so change my link and you can stop telling me to update. Also, I like the fact that people can subscribe to my blog and I can put special privacy settings on it.

*shelbs* said...

K...add that link, but keep my old one too, I'll start updating just for you!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you. Can't wait for you to write something naughty ;)