Friday, June 1, 2007

dip-dip-dip-dip-dip-dip-dip-dip...boom boom boom boom...

...I got a job... (hope you got the song reference) :)


Soooooooooooo... I got the State Farm job!! I got offered the job last week, but wasnt telling anyone til everything was final. So... it's final! I start Monday!!! I'm excited, but must admit it's a leeeetle bittersweet b/c I had pretty much decided to move to Chi town. *sigh* Oh well! Everything happens for a reason and I really AM excited! :)

Monday is apparently "founders day" and everyone is supposed to wear jeans and tennis shoes... Um.. my first day?? I was told to NOT wear a suit. Please advise!!! I dont want to look slopperiffic!!! Shelbs suggested jeans, a cute shirt and a blazer. Blaze suggested cropped pants and a cute top or something. I like both ideas.. I dont wanna be a snob that didnt heed the "dress casually" warnings.. but I dont wanna show up in tennis shoes on my first day!

8 comments:

♥Joy♥ said...

So what will you be doing at State Farm? I have 2 daycare parents that work there and 2 friends that work at the one in BA. On their days to dress casual, they wear jeans, a nice top and a blazer with low heels or high heels. the grandmother of one of my kids wears loafers and a brooch. haha
So I would suggest the blazer/jeans option. Can never go wrong with that!

p.s. I know you had plans for Chi-Town. But I sure am glad you got a reason to stay in T-Town! We'd miss ya!

Anonymous said...

YAY BALLER! I would go with jeans/blazer combo. you are haute. xoxo

Stacia said...

Congrats on the new job!!!

care said...

CONGRATS!!!!

definitely wear jeans. Like for sure. But make 'em look *smart.* a blazer is an excellent idea. with heels or cute non-flip-flops but I'd go for low.

really, I think as long as you look *smart* or *put together* it'll be fine. but how funny that THIS is your first day drama. hopefully that's all the drama you'll have!

Jax said...

hahahaha! I know, right??!! I mean.. jeans.. at work.. WHOA! lol!!! I like this kind of drama!! Thanks for the suggestions and the congratulations!! :)))))))))))))

Jax said...

Oh, and I didnt really elaborate.. but my position is called Public Affairs Strategist! I like the sound of that!!! lol!! I'll be based at the main office at 51st right off the BA!!

Anonymous said...

so proud of you Marie! You rock French Poodle..

brooke knight said...

so awesome...i agree on jeans blazer... but not too big and pointy of heels, something sleek but low-key, and not too much exposed foot. badass ballet flats, or low heels or something perhaps? this is great news. i am so happy for you. WE MUST CELEBRATE.