So, I knew that Cavs have a higher chance of contracting MVD.. and it scared me, but I didnt even THINK Gracie would have it.. So... I was sitting here with her tonight and she fell asleep...and started breathing really shallow and fast.. (which she's still doing) I started researching like CRAZY and found the place she came from: http://www.puppiesformissions.com/. I emailed them to make sure her parents were screened for MVD. I'm a nutjob. Yeah. Whatever.
My fav quote from Mary Murphy tonight on SYTYCD: "You just bought a ticket...TO THE HOT TAMALE TRAIN" (she then proceeded to make choo-choo motions) .
Update: Work is having a shrimp boil this week. It's soggy outside. We're now having 900 people eat shrimp..indoors. I'll let you know how that goes. Uh huh. lol!
Gracie met Jack tonight, Shelbs' Chihuahua!!!! So cute together!! I think my dog (1) should be in puppy Mensa b/c shes a friggin genius...and (2) has a new BFF, Jack. :))
Traveler: I am starting to LIKE Will. This might be a bad decision. Comments appreciated.
4 comments:
Hey Jackie-- Have you taken Gracie to a vet yet? Do you know the breeder? I took a look at the site and I'm assuming they don't do genetic testing on their dogs. Keep us updated on her, she's freakin' adorable!!
No, no vet yet. My friend wasnt the original buyer from the breeder, so she had to call and ask for Gracie's vaccination records. Its no biggie, but I just didnt want to have to start all over for no reason. But, next week, vet time. :))) Even if she DID have MVD by some remote chance, I kept reading last night and it looks like MOST dogs with it live fulfilling lives through about 10 years.. soooo.. only SOME are REALLY sick from the get-go. I figure since she made it to 4 mos, we might be okay.. Did I mention that I'm my children are going to hate me someday? yeah. LOL!
boo for sick puppies. : (
man oh man i love so you think you can dance. it's my guilty pleasure for sure!
So, I'm no vet, but I wonder if she was just dreaming? My dog used to do that, but then she'd jerk awake like she had a bad dream or something. I've even seen dogs that move their feet while their sleeping. Apparently they are chasing squirrels in their dreams :) I bet she's fine.
Post a Comment