Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th. Ooh. Spooky. Right.

Yesterday should have been Friday the 13th considering it looked like 10pm at 10am here. Stupid weather. Maybe the freaky people next door will be even freakier on this extra spooky day..or out dancing in the rain or something with sticks. I dunno. Dear El Nino, Mother Nature, Global Warming.. whatever... I will kick ALL your asses. Get sunny now, beeotches!

Anyway, here are some fun words of the day that made me giggle lately:

Foreploy
The act of misrepresenting yourself, for the sole purpose of getting laid.
The whole evening was foreploy, the jerk only wanted to "hit it".

digital immigrant
Someone who grew up before the digital age and is fairly new to the internet. Basically anyone over the age of 28.
YouTube is foreign to the digital immigrant.

pottermania
Fanaticism surrounding fictional characters and themes contained within a series of books written by J.K Rowling, namely "Harry Potter".
Pottermania prior to the release of the new Harry Potter book has reached fever pitch.

programmer's tan
The pasty white tan of a person who works over eighty hours a week and never gets any sun.
Bill's been doing a lot of hours lately -- he's really working on his programmer's tan

break your crayons
Make you very upset or sad, or ruin your whole day.
"Dude, don't worry about him, he's just tryin' to break your crayons. Just let it slide."

I love Urban Dictionary. :)

3 comments:

care said...

i love love love the phrase break your crayons.

'cause, y'know, I love crayons.

is it weird that I think it's a good way to turn a sad sentiment into something fun to say?

probably so.

melissa said...

so, i'm with carrie. i LOVE break your crayons and i definitely have used it in casual conversation. it's a riot.

LondonLauren said...

Break your crayons is my favorite too. That's awesome.