Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm in the dark....

Literally. To conserve energy with this heat, our company turns down the lights in the hallways. I mean.. you can still see, but it's pretty dark. It looks like we're closed until you head into a dept and it's like "ahhhhhh" (insert Jesus-chorus-music). Strange.

In other news, I paid my damn traffic ticket today. Bastards. Can a girl save some money? For real. I am not going to whine and bitch (too much) b/c we're all twenty-something...and we're all trying to save....and we're all seeming to come up short from time to time when it comes to what we'd LIKE to have in our accounts versus what we DO have. *sigh* I rather drained my rainy-day savings when I was out of work and cant seem to get back up there when I have stupid superfluous failure to use my blinker tickets ($120), misread gas meters from winter ($262), etc. etc. etc. Can a girl get a damn break? Sheez. If I could do it all over, I think I might have just paid off my car.. since I have so little left on it. It's a pain to think about per month but I cant really AFFORD to pay it off now *Insert frustrated face* I have even organized my financial stuff on http://www.wesabe.com/ (it's awesome just FYI) and I dont think Im really doing anything wrong. Just seems that the past few months excess bills are raping me. Annoyed.

(However, I will say that I figured out the mistake Sprint made in my CRAZY bill I referenced last month and they not only credited my acct for that amount, but also credited the amount I had spent the past couple months due to their mistake.. HOORAY SPRINT) :)

ALSO, why does it seem that there could be a gang war at any time outside the courthouse and/or municipal courthouse. For serious. I felt like Elle Woods walking into South Central LA to pay my speeding ticket to the oh-so-friendly desk worker.

That is all. Oh, and I woke up and thought it was Thursday. That sucks.

Lightbulb as I was writing this: Maybe I could pick up some contract legal work a few hours a month to earn a little extra cash and keep my legal skills honed. Hmmmm...opinions? Recommendations?

5 comments:

Stacia said...

Do tell about Wesabe~

Lauryl Lane said...

yeah, good ol money problems. they make my head hurt. you should totally freelance, though, i LOVE freelance work... it's usually terrific money and you can do it on your own time. nice.

brooke knight said...

um, why did you not just MAIL in the ticket? :)

Jax said...

Duh, B, I was hoping my charm would make it go away.. haha.. Actually, one of them was for an expired tag and I was hoping it would get reduced once I got the tag.. No such luck. Bastards.

Anonymous said...

"Your Money Or Your Life" by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin