Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween, Hump Day and... B/c I'm in my 20s (Vol 6)

First off, Happy Halloween!! I'll try to post something spooky later. I feel like it's a double blogging day. But, first off, B/c I'm in my 20s since it's Wed and all...

A letter to Responsibility.

Dear Responsibility,

You and I have had a pretty good relationship for many years now, but lately, you're kinda starting to bother me.. Frankly, you really piss me off. You see, I'm not so old that I've forgotten the college days of sleeping through class on occasion, blowing off a paper until 3am while goofing off at the library, and basically ignoring the real world from the comfort of a college campus. All those things considered, I don't mind such a grown up relationship with you most of the time.

Lately, it's just that, I feel like I need a break from you. This doesn't have to be forever, but maybe even just a week or so. I know that I craved you for so long.. during the times when mom reminded me "you have to be there by 8pm..." (DUH) or "Now, Jax, dont forget to ____." I wanted to have you all to myself, but now, I think I just need some time alone.

Unfortunately, you've got stalker tendencies. I mean... I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything, but I can't really go anywhere to escape you. I think we'd have a better relationship if you would just give me my space for a bit. Don't worry; there's no one else in the picture-just me. Thanks for understanding.

Love,
Jax