So, I'm in a cheerful mood-seriously- but maybe just a bit reflective and a lil sleepy.
So, I am an optimistic person. I also like to think the best of people (aka why a law firm was not the best fit..). However, I tend to be a bit cynical and when around other cynical people, I become less "think the best of people." (again why the firm wasnt a good fit..haha). Okay, all that said, did your parents ever say "I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed." Ugh! I HATED that. That was their way of pulling at my heartstrings and making me want to crawl in a hole. Arg.
Anyway, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's disappointment...esp in people. But, then, you must wonder if you never felt disappointment, how would you ever understand how great it feels when expectations are realized or even surpassed? Deep thoughts this a.m. Hmm...
Along those same lines, I have high expectations for Grey's tonight. If I'm disappointed, I might take out Meredith Grey. Might. haha...And will the writers just win the strike already.. Gah.. The last time this happeneded was in the 80s and it lasted like 5 mos. NO!!!
Update on the fungus: My face is looking better...slowly but surely. I did, however, get new makeup yesterday. $$$$! Sheez! But, if this crap never comes back, it's worth the money. I got MAC powder and I'm just not sure about it yet... Hmm...What powder do you wear?
5 comments:
hey slut, one of my powders is NW25 or 30
NOt sure what the difference is between NC and NW....hmm...that sounds like a research project for me this afternoon.
love ya--anonymous....haha
my parents told me once that no matter how mad they were at me, they would never be disappointed in me. i'm not 100% sure i believe them, since that was way before i ever did anything disappointing. : )
My mother would either make me go look in the mirror (to see who I should be mad at) or give me a lecture. That was torture!!
I wear Lancome makeup. It's expensive too.
Oh yeah, that disappointment line is a classic. That and guilt trips and you have a normal childhood.
I just bought Mac (pressed) powder too! I like it, but I never really wore pressed powder, so I don't have much to compare. It really keeps my foundation on longer. I like it better when I apply it with a brush than with the little applicator that comes with it. The brush makes it go on lighter.
Anonymous - I don't know the exact difference between NC and NW, but I know it has to do with your skin coloring (pink tones vs. yellow, etc.). I always forget which one I am...
i love mac makeup for eyes... but for powder, blush and lips, i love clinique. for reals.
Post a Comment