Monday, November 5, 2007

Today sucks dot com....

I have a staph infection. On my face. It's NOT a bite. No no.. it's a common children's staph infection. No, it's not MRSA and no, you wont catch it...unless you rub up against my chin. But, it could be really bad and I'm glad I went to the dr. Effing awesome.

This is what happened at Walgreens:

10am: Arrive at Walgreens for medicine.

me: "Hi, my doc just called in an Rx for me.. I can wait a few if it's not ready yet."
Napolean (the guy looked like Nap Dynamite) "Well. I have 5 unchecked voicemails. It might be on there."
Me: *blink...blink..." "Um.. okay.. will you check."
Nap: "Yeah, in a sec."

Time: 10:15, no checking voicemail yet.

me: "I know you're busy, but can you please check that voicemail?"
**** By this time, Id called my doc and confirmed that she had indeed left a voicemail****
Nap: "Yeah, Brent is on it" (motions to guy behind him on the phone)
Me: "Um... I dont know about you, but I dont typically talk back to my messages on voicemail, so I dont think Brent is checking them. I understand you're busy, but I need this med before I go into work. It's just ointment and I have a staph infection....on my face" (points at face)
Nap: "Okay."
Me: *staring kinda mean* "Well..I'll just go walk around for a few while you get it ready..."
Nap: "mmmkay."

time: 10:45 am

Me: "Hi. Is it ready yet?"
Nap: "Oh, the voicemail.. Lemme see.."

10:52 am

Nap: "It's ready. Oh....no..that's not good..."
Me: "What..what's not good?"
Nap: ".. our computers just went down. You're gonna have to come back."

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?!!!! I am really glad I have self control.. REALLY glad that I'm working in a calmer environment..and basically glad that I hit the SHIT out of a punching bag at the gym last night b/c it saved this poor pre-pubescent looking kid from the wrath of a staph girl with a mild eye infection. (did I mention that? He thinks I got bitten by an insect on my eyelid.)

So, I went in to work and dealt with some shit that made me MORE stressed out, but isnt a typical crisis. No biggie. My boss laughed and told me to go home. I love how laid back my job is. So, I left....and just now got my Rx at Walgreens. What time is it? Yeah, it's 3:20. My doc appt was at 9:15. My Rx was called in at 9:50. Right. EFFING MORONS. I am changing. Walgreens is fired.

And one more thing... how did an insect bite me on my eyelid? I'm a clean person, damnit. My apt is CLEAN. Even my dog gets bathed more than she should. My doc actually commended me saying "well, it's a good thing you're clean b/c if you weren't, this infection would have spread badly by now...but it's concentrated on your chin." Well, thank God for small blessings. *sigh*

5 comments:

care said...

that sucks. I totally had the same thing happen a year and a half ago--but I was bit on my side near the bottom of my bra. icks.

feel better! order takeout and watch good monday tv, k? glad your job is so cool, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I got sent home from work sick today too! We should have called each other : ) Except for...my voice is coming and going. Whatever.

Lauryl Lane said...

ewwwww, so sorry! heal quickly!

Anonymous said...

OOOOhhhhh Lover!!!! Sorry you had a bad day! I hope today is going better for you. :)

Stacia said...

Walgreen's STINKS!!!