Tuesday, December 11, 2007

For those that don't live here....

It's friggin HORRIBLE here! At least the rain is washing some of it away...

1. 200,000 plus without power (including myself, my mom, my friends, etc etc etc)
2. Kel got the last room at a local hotel last night so we stayed there. I had to drive there after work though...and with no streetlights, it was interesting. It was like..drive...drive...drive... SHIT! TREE in the ROAD!!!!
3. There are trees blocking the door to my apt building walkway
4. My mom and uncle had to leave town to get a hotel b/c there were none in Tulsa. Seriously. They drove to Arkansas for a couple nights. No shit.
5. Little Gracie is so cute in this weather.. She understands, I think. I took her to the hotel last night and she was SO GOOD. No crying, no peeing, just jumped in bed and went to sleep then slept til it was time to leave this morning. :)
6. My apartment has heat (so Gracie is okay there for the day) but no power yet... or hot water.
7. Expecting more freezing rain tonight. :(
8. I've been taking some pics I can post when I get the net back at home.
9. I lost my bank card...and ID.. yeah.. likely somewhere in my dark apt. :( AND all the banks were closed this morning (without power) sooooo I have to try to find somewhere at lunch taht I can write a check and get some cash. I'm carrying my friggin passport around with my 60 cents I have to my name. Awesome.
10. Cross your fingers power goes back on soon. When it gets dark here, it's like the movie "Day After Tomorrow" feeling..

Also, what are people doing getting gas? There are lines cars and cars deep to get gas. I mean. where are they going?! Lol! It's an ice storm, not a hurricane.. Whatever... haha..

Conversation for your enjoyment last night:
*While walking to restaurant near hotel (downtown) with Kelli in pitch blackness and fallen trees everywhere*

Me: "This is weird!"
Kel: "Yeah, well.. we're a friggin dateline special right now..."

That is all. Stay warm, people! :)

4 comments:

melissa said...

dang! sounds like you guys are in a disaster movie FOR REAL. i've got my fingers crossed that the bad weather goes away soon. xoxo

Stacia said...

Hmmm,I have not heard from my friend in Oklahoma. Hope you get power soon!

Lauryl Lane said...

can't even imagine it since i was driving with the top down in 70 degree weather today, but please, stay warm. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that the power will come back on pronto, BE CAREFUL!

Anonymous said...

It is so weird driving around...it looks like a hurricane it...a cold hurricane at least. Kari had power until this morning, so I'm hoping dad's stays on since it was flickering last night. ugh.