So, I was en route to work this morning when I heard some guy call into the radio show:
Guy: Hi.. My girlfriend listens to this station all day long from work. I want to propose to her on the radio today. Can I do that?
Radio dude: Aw...Sooner the better! Let's do it now!
Guy: Awesome. We've been dating three years today....and she's just so...*great comments here*
Radio: Okay, well, the floor is yours...
Guy: Sue Smith (I dont remember her name), will you marry me?
Radio guy: *awkward* Wow. That was um.. sweet... *awkward clapping by radio morning crew*
WHAT?! There are so many things wrong with that caller. First, did you wake up this morning and decide this was the way to go with a proposal-the morning show where they make fun of everything? Second, after all that... you simply ask the question? No lead-in like "Sue, I think you're the most amazing person...." Nope. Just, "Hey, hun, will ya marry me? Give this guy a call here on this here station if you say yes."
Okay. I'm a bitch. I know it. These two people will forever be soul mates thanks to the radio morning show and super creative and kind words. Done. Happy Monday.
4 comments:
oooh i've always wanted to be listening when someone says "no" in public. does that make me an asshole?
Isn't that how every girl dreams of being proposed to??
ick. apparently one of our younger sorority sisters was proposed to at a TU football game recently and their engagement made it onto the front page of the newspaper. in tulsa, obviously. the tulsa world. i get chio gossip from my 'lil. anyway, retarded. i can't stand public proposals. bleck.
hmmm. I'm not a fan of public proposals either. Weird.
Post a Comment