Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Funday

So, just got back from mom's house where I did laundry. She's kept lots of my high school college stuff. Okay, that said, I have some pics of Heath Ledger in my room along with some other celebs on a bulletin board. Okay, admittedly I was scary obsessed with Heath for awhile. Now, it's just freaky to have the pics. Weird. Dead guy hangin out on my bulletin board right next to Michelle Pfeiffer (who we all know I'm pathetically obsessed with).

Friday, Kel came in town and we got a small group to go out for a little bit. Sat, we went to her friend's engagement party and then to the WILD. HORSE. saloon! ha!


My fav is the guy behind us in this pic! LOL!


My high school friend, Brett, and some of his friends were out on Friday, too...No idea what was going on in this pic but it's funny...

Kari and Kelli look like hustlers-lol! This was before Kari met a cowboy named Bud. That's all you get from that story...

Things:

- Been quite down about stupid stuff lately. It's not really stupid...but the fact that I've been letting it bother me so much IS stupid. A lot of it has to do with that I went to school SOOooooo long and have Soooooo much debt and am making just over what I'd be making if I'd started working 4 years ago right out of college. That said, I realize I have a lot of upward mobility potential that I otherwise wouldn't. It's not that...it's just..well.. it's overwhelming, I think. Really overwhelming. It seems like something happens EVERY month to stop me from saving money. Then, I totally believe single people get SCREWED with taxes, expenses, etc. That's my brief rant. A friend I ran into this weekend said it best and I am trying to take his perspective. He said "well, one thing I've got now... is more ambition. I want MORE. I want to keep looking. I want to keep reaching... If I'd been making this salary out of college, I'd be thinking I was doing just fine. However, out of law school, I just want to bust my BUTT and move up." Good perspective, me thinks...

- Along the saving money thing, been thinking about doing something on the side to help build a better savings... maybe drafting wills, etc. You need a will? Just sayin... Kinda morbid, but whatever. Everybody dies. Might as well not get screwed in the legal system, too...

- LOST STARTS this week. It's GOT to be a good week then. Plus, had a great weekend. That's always a good sign for the week. :)

- Zumba is "stepping it up" this week. This. frightens. me. I'm already thinking the teacher is on some serious crack b/c her body moves faster than Gracie when she sees a cat.

- I hope everyone had a great weekend- My countdown has begun to Little Rock and Washington DC!

- I'm trying to stop saying the F word. I'll let you know how it goes. Expectation: not well.

- I'm tired of those "stop smoking" commercials on MTV. Latest one- "magical amount" song thing. I'm not amused and I don't smoke. So, I wish they'd stop getting that damn song stuck in my head. Even if I DID smoke, I dont think the weirdass singing cartoon characters would make me stop.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Mike & I were just talking about wills. We both need one. It is morbid to think about, but totally necessary!

Anonymous said...

Lost is on! Lost is on! Fuck, how fucking excited are you??

Jax said...

hahahahaha! Cute. Very cute. ;)

Lauryl Lane said...

haha! i am worried about LOST since there are only 8 episodes and who knows if we'll get this strike resolved in time to make 8 more... which would still leave this season with only 16, a good 6-8 episodes less than previous seasons. ARGH. anyway, ditto on working and paying off college loans. since my degree is pretty irrelevant (seriously nobody cares if actors have degrees or not), i often wonder why the hell i went to college in the first place. i know it's because i love school and i'm still thinking of going back for an MFA.... but it won't help me make a better income. maybe we should have gone to state schools instead of effing TU.