So many things rocked about my weekend and a bit-by-bit rundown would take forever and bore you to tears. So, here ya go....
* If there's one thing I've learned from my boyfriend, it's how much one can learn and take in from letting go of a plan and just kinda taking it all in. So, that's what I did. Wandering, photo-ing, walking, sitting, watching... Great place to do it.
* Museum of Natural History made me wide-eyed as a friggin kid! T-rex, hope diamond, massive elephants, etc. Plus I found myself nearly drunkenly giggling at the skeletons. Dont know why.
* The big scary archive-guard said "NO. FLASH. PHOTOS." soooo my Dec of Indep photos look a bit yellow, but seeing the original signatures took my breath away. Surreal.
* Who knew Don W. Reynolds was in DC? ;) Apparently, my pocked thought dropping my cell phone there was a great idea. Right. All the way to the metro..at 2am...and I gasp and start DARTING back while Carrie shouted "Jax, WAIT!!! WAAIIIT!" ha! Fitting that it was on the steps of that building. (Thank GAWD)

* The first hotel, the Mayflower, was kiiinda stuffy. It wasn't NEARLY as fun as I imagined...or as fun as the Hotel Helix!! From "bed surfing" to pop rocks to leopard robes, that hotel was damn. cool. The huge black and white celeb photos in the lobby were like screaming my name for cheesy pictures. Yeah. Seriously. I heard them.
* Hotel Helix had lime green hallways...and someone beside our room had room service (including a blue moon). Please see above. ha! It's not like we raced back and forth down the hallway either. No. That would have been way immature. ;)
* As Carrie said once to describe the city... "It's like...and....there's-a-monument!" ha! Seriously.. statues everywhere make you feel patriotic...while people bicker in foreign languages on the streets. It was cool to visit, but living there? Not for me.
* From walking in random cemeteries til sushiko (?) opened to the "um, excuse me...can you take our picture...?" we had a blast!! I'm tired as hell (still) but it was way worth it...even the mishaps in the metro.. ha!
* One of my fav memories was grabbing a Hebrew Natl and a pepsi while I sat in the park in front of the Smithsonian watched a softball game with the melodic sound of a carousel in the background. Awesome. To my left, the capitol. To my right, the Washington Monument. What a "deep breath this is awesome" moment. *sigh* :)
5 comments:
great pix!
awesome...you must have a cool ass boyfriend or something! I like his M.O. Live life by the moment and never take things to seriously...
oh yeah, also, you should tell him not to worry about the world ending today - because its already tomorrow, in Australia.
ha. Very cute. Very cute. ;)
yeah that is pretty cute even though i like to give you crap for how many pics you take (and coupled with carrie, i can only imagine!)
but riddle me this: are you two wearing the same shoes in different colors? i like them!
ha! Funny. They DO look alike, huh? Well, mine are from a little boutique called Target. ;) I dont think hers are as cheap-chic. Whatever, mine serve their purpose. :)
Post a Comment