Anyway...here's a quick recap of my first couple days before Carrie got there...
Wed night: Michele (co worker) and I walked around with one of her friends...It was cold. The white house was pretty. It was cold. More to follow. Did I mention it was cold?
Michele got seriously sick the next day, so I spent Valentines after the conference walking around...about 4 miles...to see all the main monuments. :) I just kinda started wandering and ended up having a blast! :) And...since I was alone, you dont have to deal with cheesy poses...just monuments.
Washington Monument...walked up behind and around it...then headed to WWII...
The WWII Memorial was absolutely amazing. Seriously. Gonna be lame here, but I got tears in my eyes...and I'm not even overly patriotic. I wanted to salute something and puff my chest up proudly. Really. Here's just one of many quotes lining the walls...
Lincoln Memorial... from the WWII Memorial. I opted to trek there....
...and got there just in time to get some great pics before the sun went down. :)
I spent the rest of the night in my room watching Lost. Not a bad Valentines.. Roses, chocolate (and sex) woulda been better, but ya know.. monuments work, too... haha! :)
Anyhoo, Friday I finished up the conference and then successfully navigated the metro to make my way to the Smithsonian! I went to the Natural History Museum, the Archives (where I saw the Decl of Independence...the ORIGINAL) and basically rocked my own little lawyer socks off.
Then, headed back to the hotel in time to meet Carrie!! We had a BLAST the rest of the weekend and took a LOT of photos (obviously). Look for some photos being added to facebook soon. If you want the snapfish link, lemme know! :)
I'll post more tomorrow! Oh, and the headline....we had some issues with the metro...around 2am...It was very dateline special. Oh..and that was after I lost my cell phone on the steps of a building and walked back to get it. Right. ha!
I cant wait to post the pics from post Carrie's arrival!! Leopard print robes, supreme court, hallway dance parties....just for a couple teasers.. LOL!
So glad to be home though...and so very sleepy.... Night night... :)
1 comment:
you got some really great pictures! i tend to forget how much i love D.C. we were watching an HGTV show the other day that was taking place in D.C. and we were all like, "oooo, we should live THERE for awhile!" and then we remembered how cold it gets there and decided we'd just as soon stay in los angeles and just "visit" D.C. ;)
Post a Comment