Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Spitzer and Swallowser?"

-what Chelsea called the hooker's potential reality show tonight (as in the hooker who did Governor Eliot Spitzer)

Second of all, she was FOUR thousand dollars?! Good LORD! Alright.. Chelsea Lately is having her 100th episode tonight...and good God I love her... I agree with her on WHY the hell do all these men stand up in front of the world after doing a hooker, intern, maid, whatever....AND THEIR WIVES STAND RIGHT THERE BESIDE THEM?! As Chelsea so eloquently put it tonight....He's got 3 daughters. How the hell is he supposed to tell them "no" to anything now? It's like "daddy, I want a pony!" --"No, honey, its too $$$." -- "But, daddy, you rode a 4 thousand dollar hooker... I want a damn pony!"

Alright, anyway...work has been super busy lately. I'm helping someone in another dept in a "development" role in our dept. I find it funny since I think that I'm still "developing..." Anyhoo...can you believe it's almost been a year since I left the firm and started my new job, etc... A YEAR?!

So, this is how my day started out Tues....
Trying to use my phone on the way to work....
"You have been redirected to Sprint financial services..."

*thinking..WHAT?! Did I forget to pay my bill? I feel like I just paid it...Weird..*

Me: "What's the problem here? I seem to remember paying my bill recently." (thinking I must have like roamed for thousands of dollars and am seriously starting to sweat)

Her: "Yes, I show you have a past due amount. Your last payment was on February 28th."

Me: "Um.. okay... That was like 12 days ago.... so what is my balance?"

Her: "Well, your billing date was changed to the 10th and it looks like you owe this month's bill."

OH. MY. GOD. They shut me OFF for failure to pay my regular bill a DAY later than my IRREGULAR billing date they randomly changed? What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I paid it, but was irritated.

While we're talking about money, I'd like to make more. Just sayin. I would.

I'd like to end this random blog with a quote from a friend today...I won't say her name in case she gets embarased...
Her: "I just got a text saying he wants to show me his little friend...Dear God, I hope he's not talking about his penis.." hahahahahahahaha!

And I'm out.

2 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

jax, you seriously remember all the funny things that happened during your day and then blog them. which is what blogs should be about, except i never remember that stuff. dear god, i am dying over that last quote. hysterical!

Anonymous said...

Get away from Sprint - fast. They are terrible. Their customer service is so incredibly awful. I switched to T-Mobile and it was life altering. I can call in and get a live person on the phone within minutes. What's better is that this live person is so helpful and knowledgeable and doesn't sound like they are in a room with a 1,000 other people talking in the background somewhere in Pakistan. My boss has AT&T and they seem to have pretty good customer service whenever I call too. Plus, when you switch providers and sign a contract, you can score a nice phone for cheap. Be sure to have Sprint show you something in writing that tells you your contract is up before you leave though. I called in and waited on hold for like 30 minutes to ask if my contract was up and they told me it was, so I left Sprint (actually I sprinted from Sprint...haha). Then I got a bill for $225 for breaking my contract from them. Outstanding.

Lauren

P.S. To all those people who read this blog post: that was NOT me that sent Jackie that text - just to clarify!