....b/c this week is awesomely downhill so far. Not complaining BUT venting....
So you read yesterday's post.
Here's how the rest of the day went:
* Conference call after conference call plus trying to remedy the video sitch at the same time (I was slammed).
* Left work. Went to mall. Was talked into buying a 100 dress for my birthday (with a 30 dollar off coupon, but STILL). Did I need it? No.. Whatever. It made me feel pretty and it's my birthday damnit. Left the mall, feeling a bit bad about my purchase, but confident that it was cute as hell and....
* got home to find a letter from the bar assn saying that I'd failed to pay my dues and was therefore getting suspended if I failed to pay them in OKC by 5pm yesterday. EFFING AWESOME. Since it was obviously after 5pm, I was STRESSSSSED. I thought they'd been paid (long story short).
* Went to tan (whatever, I was stressed, but have pretty much quit tanning I might add). Got hit on by a girl at my gym. Mind you, I typically would be flattered by this sort of thing...not interested, but flattered nontheless...but given that I'd cried, had no makeup on, smelled like burnt flesh (from the tanning) and she looked like a linebacker, I was just annoyed and it was the end to my perfect day.
Here's today:
* Woke up to see my precious little dog vomiting all over. :( She was so sad...and I've never seen her that sick. Coddled her, cleaned up, called the vet..They told me to pull her food and water today then watch her and give her chicken/rice tomorrow. (my mom is gonna LOVE that since she's watching her when I leave town...*sigh*). Poor little G.. Getting ready to go home at lunch to check on her...
* Spent the whole time en route to work on the phone with the bar assn. If I didnt pay yesterday, my dues were going to double (we wont even talk about how much THAT was going to be). Talked them out of that. Got to work, called my bosses, figured it out, paid it and submitted for reimbursement. (Cross your fingers here, people).
So, I'm not having a pity party like "wah wah.. my bday always sucks.." b/c it doesnt. But, typically, something doesnt go as right as I'd like on the bday. Since it's tomorrow, I'm seriously just hoping all the crappy shit is out of the way for the week... cause I dont wanna know what else could happen...*nervous laugh*
Also...I realize lots of you out there feel my pain...I'm just waiting on this whole "your degree will be worth it" crap to come true. Yeah. There. Done.
:)
6 comments:
I think this just means your birthday this year will kickass. The birthday gods are not against you, just the gods of lawyers. Chicago will be fun! You get to be with Aaron on your birthday! Chicago will be fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY... a little early. : ) as one whole indulges themselves to the extreeeeme on my birthday, i can safely say that the dress was worth it, and i can pretty much predict that your troubles will fade before tomorrow. it's all about your frame of mind. : ) hope your little doggie gets to feeling better, and have a safe and FABULOUS trip!!! xoxo
You'll have a wonderful birthday, lover!! Plus, you are going to the airport and there should be plenty of people there that you can look at and know how much prettier and smarter you are than them! That always makes people feel better. :) ha ha Love you!
I must agree, you are just preparing for a kickass birthday!!
yup, you're just getting all the shit out of the way so you can have a FAB birthday! happy, happy day! ;)
ps. i agree on the money issue... i make decent money for someone with a degree in .... errr.... theatre.... which obviously wasn't ever going to be a great future source of income for me, BUT.... my college degree makes NO difference in the amount of money i make, so, GRRR. fortunately i don't have wicked loans to pay off, but samuel does and he probably has another 5 years of work before he'll climb up to a big enough salary to make the loans from his degree "worth" his college education. i feel like our country is so fucked up, job/career-wise. anyway.
If it makes you feel better...I am making as much as possible with my degree...ever! hahaha! And yes it does suck to feel stressed about buying anything...and I am sure your bday will be great!
Post a Comment