Sunday, August 17, 2008

"HGTV the hell out of your apartment then"

- a quote that made me laugh today...

So, I went to Michele's new place and lemme tell you.. it.is.adorable! It makes me want to decorate and buy a house and decorate and.. yeah... Anyway.. it inspired me. She inspired me with all her courage and stuff like that. If she can decorate a semi-permanent place and make it adorable, I.can.too. (Love you, Michele) :)))

So, I might not have any idea where I'm going to stay, move, whatever..but I want to make things cuter at casa de Jax. So, I set out on a Sunday evening. Options were limited. But, lookie at the ADORABLE curtains I found at the JCP Home Store! Looooooookie!!!

Now, I want a chocolate brown area rug. A pattern would be too much with the curtains, ya know...I pretty much want chocolate brown everything. It's becoming a problem. Go through color phases?
Sat night, Michele and I went out! A friend was in town from AZ. It was a low key night and we had a blast. :) The semi-single life looks good on her...see for yourself: :)
Aside from needing a serious manicure (now taken care of), please check out my hairdryer at my work meeting in Dallas. HOW SMALL IS THAT?! Worlds.Smallest.Hairdryer. And yeah.. I took a picture. I was busy, people. I think I'm giving you the wrong impression about my work meetings..what with the previous post and all... haha...
Meet one of our interns for the summer...also a TU Chi O! I heart her! She's from the Dallas area so she was able to come up for the meeting and the luau the night before.. complete with backdrop and props. She's hooking me up with an invite to pref rehearsal if anyone's interested in going....
I found it inappropriate to post pics of my bosses (although I have some) but here are some other awesome chicks I work with! Vanessa (far left) is the event planner. I took her job when I started. She just moved into event planning. Then, it's Christi, me and Dana. :)
And yeah, I have on a grass skirt. Oh yeah I do.

4 comments:

♥Joy♥ said...

hahaha your job sucks, jax. SUCKS!

Lauryl Lane said...

nobody rocks the grass skirt like jackie! ;) i love those curtains, btw. i have chocolate brown curtains, too, and a chocolate brown sofa, and.... well, chocolate brown and kiwi green ARE my favorite colors! besides, brown goes with everything!

care said...

three big things that are brown, tops, I think. I LOVE the curtains though! and you should totally get a rug to compliment!

and it looks like you had so much fun. come see me in NC. MOVE to NC. come tell people what's what in NC. please??

Kristy said...

I just bought those as valances! I LOVE them!