It's official. Britney's back. I dont know who took this photo, but it's awesome and I decided to post. Have you seen the video? Go. NOW. to youtube. NOW. My fav is the end close up on her face "You say I'm crazy... I got your crazy..." hahahahahaha! Funny.***************************************************************************
I dont feel really awesome right now. Boo...but weekend was a good time!
Oktoberfest rocked my chicken dancing socks off! And the TU game Saturday was awesomesauce! We're RANKED! We're RANKED! Have you seen?! YAY TU!!!!
PS..these pics made me think I dont like my hair. There's just something I dont like. Maybe I should go shorter and blonder? Longer and more brown? I dunno. Hmmm...Thoughts?
******************************************************************************
Poll: Me...with short hair? Long hair? Brown hair? blonde hair? (yeah, I wanted that to sound a little Dr. Seuss..haha)... I likely still wont listen, but I'm curious. :)
And, despite me being a hardass and disagreeing, check this out. The chicken dance started in TULSA. Dont believe me? Here's an excerpt.
***************************************************************************
The dance was introduced in the United States in 1981 during the Tulsa, Oklahoma, Oktoberfest by the Heilbronn Band from Germany. They wanted to demonstrate the dance in costume but there were no duck costumes available anywhere near Tulsa. At a local television station, however, a chicken costume was available which was donated for use at the festival. And that is how the "Chicken Dance" got its name.
Yeah, I looked it up in 4 different places b/c I STILL didnt believe it.
*******************************************************************************
We danced on tables. We took photos at inappropriate places. We danced. Oh, we danced. I was in random mode and apparently had 5 second conversations with many people then wandered off. Oops.
******************************************************************************
Went with Brandy to get lingerie to go under our Halloween costumes today! The plan is/was to look like we're scantily clad, but really have most covered by either stockings or whatever. Here's the costume we got. Got the CUTEST stuff and I think I achieved the goal. It's HAUTE! (but classy). :) We all wanted to have different colors peeking out from the top/bottom and wear tights or thigh highs. Everything we saw at first impression made us look.like.hussies. Then, I saw PINK! So, I went with mostly pink!! :) Cant go wrong with pink! :)) I'm.really.excited. I am, however thinking this could be inappropriate for facebook. haha...
**************************************************************************
Do you skype? Have you skyped? I learned how today and felt very technologically advanced...ya know...for me. ha!
***************************************************************************
Alright, have a fabulous Monday. PS. Halloween is NEXT WEEK. GEEEZZZZ....
6 comments:
Not to be all technical and crap, but the chicken dance may have been introduced to the US via Tulsa, but it was not started here. Like I said, technicalities.
Kevin and I skyped a ton last year while he was in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon and I was here. It rocks. i also skype with my basketwife friends. Love skype.
um, I'm confused. isn't that exactly what her quote said? That it was introduced? She said started but I assumed that's what she meant, that in the US it began in Tulsa.
am I missing something?
but then again, up until that point wasn't it the "duck dance?" so technically didn't the duck dance originate elsewhere, but quite literally it morphed into the "chicken dance" in good ol' t-town?
I guess we could go into some big philosophical debate though. Like, the chicken dance song uses notes, right? well, who first wrote down music? who first played the instruments? or is it who made them first? can we really ever KNOW?
okay, now I'm just being an ass. it's monday of my birthday week, cut me some slack. :)
yeah, I was talking to the guy in my project group yesterday and he was like "tulsa, huh? they have a ranked football team!" it made me think back to days of yore when lawless allowed the students to tear down the goal post.
go browner. like for real browner, not jackie-says-it's-brown-browner. :)
I like you blonde. But don't go senior year of high school blonde that was too blonde. I think you can do a big change with a snip of the scissors.
Oh and I fully enjoy the chicken dance and wished I could've danced it this weekend. With you, on top of a table, holding a pitcher of beer. :)
And your Halloween costume is risque without slutty. Good job!
Costume is awesome! Not that you will listen...lol but you rock more blonde!
LOL! "Not senior year in high school blonde" just made me laugh out loud.
I would have liked to chicken dance with you. maybe we can just re-enact on our own when we get bored?
Eh?
I'm always open for a good round of Chicken Dancing!
Post a Comment