Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I'm not buying a mac..."

So, I bought a macbook! LOL! 



Today, I woke up bright and early to the sound of "GO! GO! You can do it! The finish line is right there!" followed by the screech of a 12 year old (assuming) playing an electric guitar outside.my.apartment. HOLY GAWD.

Things about living where I live that suck: the heater's old, it's drafty, the stairs are steep (haha) and sometimes runs go right.by.my.building. This time, there was apparently an amateur band with children playing guitars and screaming songs. Yeah. I heard the noise, peered in between my blinds with my non-contact-wearing squinty eyes, sleepy hair...and stared. furiously. 

So, I got up and went to work. I had to get stuff done...and as I was getting dressed through the blaring music, I looked at my computer. And got angry at it. VERY.FRIGGING.ANGRY. I was also angry at all the dog hair that seems to have taken over my rugs and baseboards since last week but that's another story. So, I decided then and there...I was buying a computer today.

 I had to sit super still to get my last one to work. It was like an act of magic. Really. Ooh ooh! The power light is on..No..wait...it's not..yes...yes it is.. GRACIE, why did you move?! Its off now! And then the damn thing would say "preparing to hibernate" And I would say some horrible things. It was just ugly all around. Even getting the network keys off it today was a race between myself and the computer... Gracie was cheering. 

So, went to work, researched on CNET and basically thought I knew what I wanted. Went to Best Buy and realized I was wrong. After buying the antivirus and all the other shit I'd need for the cheaper computer, it would have only been a hundred dollar difference between it and the macbook. AND after some skillful negotiating, the guy said he'd give me a discount on the mac. Made some calls (THANKS AGAIN!!!!!) and decided to go for it!! 

So, here I am. Once I stop trying to out-think this computer and realize it isnt trying to f*ck me, I think I'll love it! So far, I kinda already do....but feel very.uninformed. VERY. 

YAY for a fun new computer!! YAY YAY YAY!!! 

4 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

yay, welcome to the apple family!!! i don't remember life before my macbook, nor do i care to.... my 'lil macbook rocks my world and yours will soon rock yours. this is the beginning of a life-long romance! ;)

katandkarl said...

i love my mac book. :)

Jennifer said...

ohhhh so jealous. I totally heart kat's and want one fore myself. I think the baby will register for one. :)

Jennifer said...

Yeah I said fore myself. Awesome. FORE