Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Ahh.. Thanksgiving. 2008 has been a crazy year...and I drafted a super mushy "thankful for" blog but then deleted it to replace with this one... I've got a TON to be thankful for this year and I'm reminded of it weekly...often daily. I've got amazing people in my life who check up on me, bring me food, cards, support, etc, when I break my friggin back. I have a great little dog who looks at me with adoring eyes like she's my biggest fan no matter what. I've got a small family, but it's quality, not quantity that matters...and I've got a lot of the former. :) I' have a great job...that makes me happy...in an economy where people aren't so lucky with either of those categories.

Anyway, I'm blessed...esp to have all of you... So, happy Thanksgiving from blog land to everyone out there who's made my year better...even by just a comment on the blogidy. :)

What are your family traditions on Thanksgiving, if you have any? Mom and I took forever to establish a new one of our very own...ya know with our family getting smaller then me going to college...etc.. etc.. But now, we go out to eat and see a movie.. almost every year. I used to want the big, family Thanksgiving we used to have when I was a kid, but I'm okay with our little intimate pair. :) I have plenty of time for the big, family Thanksgiving...and it will likely involve more of me cooking. So, uh, I can wait. hahaha!

Whatever you do or whoever you're with, have an OUTSTANDING holiday!! And...if you're venturing out on Black Friday, may God be with you... lol! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING JAX! All the way from out here! Say hi to Bev for me!

Stacia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Lauryl Lane said...

Aw, your tradition with your mum sounds so sweet! Hope you had a beautiful day!