Anyway, that said....person __, your fb statuses are annoying. I mean... really... I get that you had a bad time recently thanks to your statuses (none of you know this person.... I dont think...and he/she doesnt read my blog). But, do your fb statuses always have to be so friggin depressing?! I mean.. every.day. It's like... "___ is sick. as usual." or "___ is having a bad week. like normal" or "___ is tired of working for little gratification.." Good Lord. I mean... Like I said, people can have bad times. I know. But, there has to be a silver lining...or find a therapist (or maybe happy pills). Looks to me like you have a job, a family, friends who care (per fb comments), a roof over your head (given that you have internet access I'm thinking this is the case) etc etc etc.. I mean.. I know that's not everything, but it's more than some people have for crying out loud.
Anyway, I bet you're better off than the guy in my alley searching through dumpsters. I bet you're better off than those people under the bridge I see sometimes. I bet you're better off (at least financially) than lotsa people I know who've recently gotten laid off. Anyway, I'm not mad at you. Obviously I don't walk in your shoes. But, here's hoping you're able to either get a little perspective or things really do improve for you...or both.
I just couldnt be a shit....b/c I really dont know what he/she's going through...but from face(book) value....yeah.
Anyway, maybe he/she needs a blog. *shrug* Just sayin.
Oh and I cant sleep.... Obviously.
6 comments:
it's all about attitude and perspective. i frequently worry people think i am too negative on my blog but i use it as an outlet as well (gotta get it out somewhere!) we are all pretty lucky and we maybe need to be reminded more often! :) xoxo.
good call, dude. we all bitch and moan (and i probably do more than my share!) but when it comes down to it, we've all got as much as we need. i guess i could've just said ditto. :)
Maybe s/he should just defriend you if she finds reading your statuses are annoying. Maybe s/he should volunteer some time the homeless shelter, Red Cross, habit for humanities, etc. Maybe s/he should not spend so much time on facebook and then things wouldn't so annoying.
Glad you're the bigger person. Much love.
I blogged about this (well, negativity in blogging) on the family blog last week. It's a reason I unsubscribe from blogs. My thought-- if life is so horrible, do something about it!
And kat, you're not too negative. You're hardly negative. If you need some VERY negative examples not to follow, let me know. ;)
You said it! I think I'm just over "twitter" and "facebook status" in general. Since when did the minute, monotonous details of people's daily lives become interesting? I read an article recently that referred to status updates as being "built on a culture of over-sharing." I'm beginning to realize how much time I spend reading other people's updates, which are usually none of my damn business, and writing my own updates, which are really nobody's damn business but my own. I like the "sharing" that happens on blogs, especially between friends... but sometimes I stumble upon a public blog that shares so many personal details of people's lives that I just freak out. We've been desensitized over the past few years and lulled into this belief that the internet is a safe place. I think it's not. I think we're wrapped up in this false security, and one of these days... something bad will happen. I'm not trying to be "negative," I'm just trying to be realistic. And trying to get my little sisters to stop posting info online that could lead a stalker right to their doors. Grrr. As for the negativity, doesn't it seem like all polite manners have gone by the wayside when it comes to the internet? I mean, we know that in person, if we can't say something nice, we shouldn't say anything at all. Shouldn't that relate to the internet, too?
Here Here!!! I agree with everyone! (except kat saying she's negative..um.. okay giggly friend with the adorable baby. you=not negative. just saying). I dunno.. I mean...blogs are for ranting, etc... And while some can be uber personal, I feel like it was my choice to go read it. Whereas, on fb, the "updates" just throws me into someones life.. like "Shawn is having a syphilus (sp?)test today." or something creepy. *nervous face* hahaha!
Post a Comment