Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I need a vacation from planning my vacation.

Disclaimer: I know.. I'm lucky to be able to take a little vaca. That said, I just want to take an affordable one and plant my happy little backside in the Caribbean sand for a few days. However....

-I hate flights being $$$ when hotels are not.

-I hate hotels being $$$ when flights are not.

-I hate blackout dates.

-I hate thinking I'm going to outsmart those travel site bastards, only to be beaten AGAIN. (Very similar feeling to all games on Eric's iphone...especially that connect four crap I never win.)
- As soon as I find good deals on flights somewhere, I look up things to do/reviews there, etc. So, then, I determine whether staying there will break the bank or if there are any deals for hotels/packages. Then, I look up things to do. By the time this whole process has occurred, all the rates/dates/availability has changed and I have to start over. Losing. my. marbles.

- And side note: dont these bastards realize the economy is BAD and they need to be more accommodating?! Sheesh.

Thank you for listening. Hmph.

Other randomness:
Bizarre.. I have two friends doing this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse. Seems sketchy mcsketch to me. Just sayin.

Along the same lines, update on my "commitment" I made to being healthier and getting my ass in gear: I ate (way)better yesterday, didn't have as much soda (huge victory) and went tanning. I had every intention of going to butts n guts class, but (1) happy hr in nice weather called my name and (2) I was starting to give up on vacation planning (aka I needed a drink before I started shaking the computer...haha)

Tomorrow=WBW! :)

2 comments:

melissa said...

DUDE i hear you on the travel plans. what a bunch of bs! and i agree on accommodating... get with it, travel biz.

master cleanse = yikes. i'd probably get through two or three days and go on a murderous rampage for an oreo.

Stacia said...

I knew someone doing that master cleanse ..lemon & cayenne pepper DO NOT sound like a good combo, no matter what else is in it!!

step away from the computer...ha