Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WBW-Gracie style!

When I got her at the end of June 2007, I was SO worried about what I'd gotten myself into-haha! (See blog post) I drove to my friends house thinking I "might" take her and left a half hour later with a puppy in my passenger seat. Her name quickly became Gracie as (1) I liked it and (2) her original name was Cuddles. (my friend's kid named her. Wow.)

She still has that toy... It's seen better days, but it's her first toy, so I keep it. :)
Her eyes look weird but ignore that. She never used to go up OR down stairs. Hated them. She'd just lay there like this and wait for me to go get her. She finally started going UP them, but wouldnt go down for quite awhile. Hilarious! Maybe she was smarter than me in realizing those damn stairs are dangerous (yes, those are the same ones I fell down. *le sigh*)
This was what a car trip looked like...
And this was this morning and the inspiration for this post. I look like hell b/c I'd recently gotten up and just took her for a walk, but ignore that and look at her face! ha! Every morning, she gets about 10-15 min of petting and playtime after her walk. I think she likes it. Thoughts? ha! (I was shocked I actually got her to make this face in a self portrait. I saw her making it and was able to get the camera in time-a rarity.)

I heart this little dog and her adorable personality. Every single trip downstairs in the rain, snow, sleet, etc to potty... every sacrificed item to puppydom (rug, shoes, jewelry)...every excess hair on my black pants...it's all worth it for this awesome little beast. :) 

Dude. The building down the street is having alarm issues. As in it.wont.stop.going.off. I was worried the first and second time. The 5th? NOT.SO.MUCH.

Happy WBW! :) I tried to set this up to post at midnight. We'll see if it works! :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

O.M.G.!!! I think that I might be in love with your dog even though I've never met her! Pic #2 made me laugh out loud literally! How sweet. And Pic #3 is precious :)

melissa said...

puppy is precious, that is for sure. :)

and, by the way, it's posted at 12:01am. good work, inspector gadget!

Stacia said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time, maybe it was the old blog but I remember when you got Gracie...gosh time flies, and presh photos!!

Angela said...

Gracie is adorable!

jax said...

Thanks, peeps! I heart her. :) And this whole "blog posting in the future" thing is kinda awesome. I should do this every night. ha!