Happy Sunday, peeps! The weekend was fairly uneventful and I was super good with that. I'm seriously someone who hibernates when the weather is bad. I like rain.. I especially like waking up to thunder on the weekends...but.. dude. This is getting ridic. I think I've worn my new sunglasses a total of 20 minutes this week...and even then it was really just b/c I wanted to wear them... haha..
Saturday night, Eric and I headed to Stillwater for his friend's wedding. :) They were supposed to get married outside, but it was like a friggin lake out there, sooooo plans were adjusted for an indoor ceremony. The guy who got married grew up near where Eric did and one of their other childhood friends is now an ordained minister so he married them! It was kinda cool. :) We didn't stay too late at the reception b/c we were heading back to T town, but there was some cha cha sliding during the evening. Yes, yes there was.
Yeah, I didn't take enough pics.. blah blah. But, really, they were Eric's friends and stalking them with my camera would have been a little weird. I did, however, capture the wedding car b/c the couple is honeymooning in Mexico. I'd like for you to check out the decor on the windshield wipers....hahahahahaha! Awesome.
This morning, Eric and I hit up the fabulous Blue Dome Diner for breakfast. So unhealthy. I know I know.. but it beats the hell out of other places I used to love. The potatoes are sooooo good and everything comes with french toast (or biscuits and gravy). If you don't like hole-in-the-wall-diner-type places, don't go, but if you do, you must try it. Must.
In more seriousness, I really feel badly for the folks I see wandering around sometimes so I'm definitely not making light of any of this... There's one thing I love about my area regarding this stuff-some ppl that live nearby leave fast food outside weekly, I'll leave nonexpired stuff or leftovers sitting on the top of the dumpster in their own bag, other people leave blankets neatly folded over the sides of the dumpsters... I dunno. I guess it's a little "love thy neighbor" in some ways...It's kinda heartwarming...and a big dose of perspective.
5 comments:
Aww, it IS heartwarming. I love it. And your pic is great. And yeah, what was up with the weather in T-town this past week? I was there trying to do a photo shoot (sorry I wasn't in touch, just no time for hanging out as I was there to work) and the constant cover of clouds was NOT helpful. I was thrilled to come home to sunny skies yesterday.
Thanks for the "O" advice! I found a really cute one on there for like less than half the price. WTF? Anyway, when I typed in "couch", this is what it gave me, thought you'd find it either cute/hilarious/just plain weird. LOL I thought wow, shouldn't they offer this is hot pink & black leopard print!? Here's the link:
http://www.overstock.com/Gifts-Flowers/Pointed-back-Pet-Sofa/3296216/product.html
I FEEL YOU ON THE RAIN. and that is really sweet that you guys are so good to people who don't have as much as you. i'm telling oprah. :)
okay, those masks are FUNNY!
and that is very goodwill-ish of y'all. high five on being nice to humankind. and I'm glad your neighbors watch out for you too.
and joy, that couch is FUNNY!
I love that it's a pet bed!! HAHAHAHAHA! Awesome.
Post a Comment