Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Are you on your honeymoon?"

-the question we've been asked aboooooout 150 times. per day. haha! We laugh every time. Last night we met a couple from DC here for the guy's birthday (married couple) and another couple here for their year anniversary. We were all laughing at the "Are you on your honeymoon" question all of us keep getting...

We just arrived at Jalousie Plantation (our final hotel) from Discovery at Marigot Bay! Loved Discovery and met some fab people. Since we're at Jalousie early, our room isnt quite ready (hence the emailing really fast). Well, I can blog in depth when I return but.. since I left you...some highlights...

*Jump Up (not Jump Off like I called it) was AWESOME however the local rum may or may not have had an affect on our 7am tour wake up call.. Comedy. The tour was amazing though. Spencer (tour guide) drove us to fishing villages, a volcano, a waterfall we swam in, etc. He stopped at numerous roadside food stands to let us sample the local cuisine. My remnant rum tummy just made me smile and say "no thanks"...haha..

* Some friends from Oklahoma found a local bar where they had a bonfire and karaoke..oh and amy winehouse was there! HILARIOUS! We didnt see her, but they did and took a photo with her. Stories to follow.

* Discovery at Marigot Bay was like an absolute oasis. I cant even write enough about it right now so I won't even try....

Things we still plan to do:
* see Diamond Falls (close to our hotel)
* have sunset dinner at Ladera (look up the resort.. they have one exposed wall on the mountain in each room!!)
* snorkel (duh)
* explore. explore. explore.

....and beach it up as long as we can!! We're having an amazing time and either I'm in denial or we still really like each other after all this time together- a bonus. :) Hope you're having a great week, everyone!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

your last paragraph makes me :) And I'm super glad that you found time to blog! I've been checking on and off just to make sure I didn't miss anything!!

care said...

can't.wait.to.see.pictures!

thanks for blogging!

oh and? I will see you in three weeks!

Lauryl Lane said...

Wow, wow, wow. I'm more of a travel-to-europe, spend-every-day-in-a-museum-or-historic-cathedral, drink-tea-and-eat-strawberry-tarts kinda girl, but you are making me wonder if i've missed out by never exploring the whole beachy vacation thing. except that i live twenty minutes from the beach, so.... i dunno.

Unknown said...

I'm soo happy for you guys! I'm glad that you are having a BLAST! Can't wait to see the 3,000 (JK I love them) pictures!

Stacia said...

fun, fun, fun! Ladera looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Discovery. Come back and visit us again soon and we will show you which rum to drink that does not bother you the next morning. Enjoy the rest of your time (and remember there are water taxi's from us coming to Jalousie every day in case you want to hop on one of them)
Tropical Greetings from all of us at Marigot!

melissa said...

ahh! i've been missing your daily updates! :) glad you're having a blast, jax. i wonder if people would ask you if you were honeymooning if you were vacationing with a chick... just sayin... :) xo

Jax said...

Ah no worries! It wasn't the Discovery rum! It was having too much fantastic rum! That's a problem I like to have! hahaha! :)