Hi everyone!! Just got on a computer at the hotel to check a few things and decided to blog! :) We're staying at Coco Palm right now then will transition to Discovery in the center and ending finally at the southern end of the island! :)
It's beeeeautiful here! We had some issues with the flight. Sitting in Tulsa, realized our flight was wwwwwaaay delayed, opted to try to get on one in 10 minutes.. made it.. however, we didnt think our bags would. BUT, THEY DID! We made it to Miami complete with bags at around 2am Miami time. Then, headed for the fabulous St. Lucia and arrived yesterday! And get this...a guy I went to law school with was on our plane and is staying right down the road with his wife. HILARIOUS. Such a small world, right?!
Anyway, tonight there's a party down the way.. I keep calling it "Jump Off" but I think I'm totally wrong.. haha.. We're going to go regardless as to what it's called.
Today, we walked around and explored the area then headed to the beach where we plopped down all day long. With tourism season just barely over here, there are definitely not many people. It's rather nice-not overcrowded, no wait for things, but still plenty of activity. The locals are so great-people will stop their car if you seem confused and ask if you need directions.
As much as I harassed Eric about having someone at the airport to pick us up, it was a really good idea. He drove us the hour to our hotel and told us all about the history along the way-wars, the people, the food, drove us past supermarkets, etc. We booked a tour with the same company tomorrow to see things like the volcano, waterfalls (my fav) and some other stuff.
Overall, I'm just so glad to be here. So relaxing... :) I'll try to blog more when I get a chance and hopefully it wont be so rushed.
Welcome to the weekend, everyone!!
Most importantly, I haven't been injured...yet. haha! Oh, and despite having an "international calling plan" my phone definitely does not work. at all. Arg. Sprint will be getting a few kind words upon my return..haha!
Love from the Caribbean! :)
6 comments:
glad you had a safe trip!! I'm so jealous!
Sounds like a blast- have fun!
glad you're having fun! with your phone, are you dialing the international code you need to get out? it's tricky. you should be receiving phone calls though.
can't WAIT to see pictures!
L
Yay so glad you guys are finally there and having a great time! I'm excited to see lots of pics when you return!!
woo hoo for no injuries! an't wait for pics :)
hooray hooray! have so much fun, jax!!! :)
Post a Comment