Wednesday, June 17, 2009

St. Lucia Day Four..and other stuff :)

So I'm sitting at Audra and Mike's in Little Rock and blogging on the sofa while we watch baseball. :) Stacia, I owe you wine + lunch next time fo sho! Thought I'd be here one night and ended up being two. Heading back first thing in the am. Anyhoo, good times b/c Little Rock is super cute. We went to happy hr at Prost and dinner at ZaZa (?). :) 

Meeting today was good. It was a lot of numbers stuff so it sailed over my head, but it was still worthwhile... My hotel room. Oh sheez people. It was right off the pool. So it was loud SUPER late (2am). And then the curtains were stuck open so "here come the sun" at about...oh 6something am. Jax=sleepy. 

Today, I really had a few "gah, I really want another vacation" moments. I mean moments where I got full out pouty (not in front of people but still...). Work travel to Little Rock-not the same thing as St. Lucia.. haha...

Okay, sooo here we go...we woke up early (thanks to our early bedtime) and opted to figure out what to do. Local magazines give tonsa options and I was feeling adventurous so we perused. 
...view from the side of our balcony/stairs....
After the perusing a bit, my adventuresome side died down when I realized I'd rather just beach myself on a lounge chair. Eric was in full support. The hotel's beach is a 30 second water taxi ride across the bay. I needed a coke first. Bad. (made w/REAL sugar there.. yum!) In the cafe was a little money collection for their version of the SPCA, but it was called SLAPS. I enjoyed that for some reason. 
These are our chairs. Don't try to take them. Eric might eff you up...or challenge you to a fencing match... I can't decide what this stance is.. hah...
This beach is actually the Doolittle's beach...called that b/c it was the place of the original movie's filming! (Dr. Doolittle for those of you operating a little slower today like me).
Alright, for some reason we both agreed I look prego in this pic. It's the way the sun hits my tummy or something.. I dont know. But, it's hilarious. And you'll note that it's NOT on fbook for that very reason.
Much like the angelfish from day 1, a local made stuff out of palm trees on this beach too...and of course we're total suckers.  This time it was a rose. :) My first official rose from Eric...I'm a fan. It made the trip home...a little flatter and browner, but it's in Tulsa. :)
Eric walked off for a sec...and returned with beer. This is why we get along so well.. haha...
Okay, I realize this isn't as funny to you guys even if I tell the story.. but Eric randomly went walking. I started snapping pictures. They're HILARIOUS. Eric's walking..walking.. walking into water..looking for something...looking.. not finding it...coming back. It was like he was on planet Eric and had no idea I was photo-ing the whole thing... Comedy. At least to me it was. *Shrug*
Hi, I'm Jax and I love the self timer...
And I love ALL of these sooooo I posted them all... haha.. I was like "I want one holding hands" and Eric set it to take three in a row :) I may or may not have purchased a frame with three slots to put all these in. :)


I may have tried tried to shimmy up the palm tree...and failed miserably. The pictures of it are NOT my most flattering. Sooo.. I opted to hug it...
After he accepted the challenge from me, I was defeated. Damn upper body strength. Who needs it? Whatever. 
The dude our friends later defined as "fruit man" rolled in with bananas to the beach. (They got suckered with about 20 bananas...haha). Eric was like "Hey, how much for one?" The guy looked at us like we were the dumbest people on earth, laughed and said "100 US." haha... He then brought us a bunch and said "5 EC" (or about 2 bucks). Funny. 
My name is Eric and I love bananas. 
Lunch at Doolittles. Everywhere we went, I fed the animals-usually dogs. I'd do it in plain view, when Eric wasn't looking, or just all out put my plate on the floor (when appropriate like an outdoor bbq or something). I felt badly for them! (Although most looked pretty well fed on this end of the island). I tossed this little guy a piece of my burger and forgot about him...until he leapt up pawing at my arm like "hey, b*tch, I want more! Look, I'm cute!" So, I obliged. 
The shopping center at the marina. I was like "Do something! I want a picture of the shops..." This was the result..haha...
This was the other pool, the infiniti one. I have no idea what I was doing but wanted you to see the pool. 
See Eric on our patio? Look at the center building, second floor (the first floor you can see) on the left! :)
Back from the beach and continued our completely and totally lazy day by ordering tropical beverages and getting pruntastic in the pool. :) And my hand looks freakishly large. Ignore that. But, please pay attn to the drinks. I ordered a sunset something. Eric ordered something else. His came out...PURPLE! BAHAHAHAHA! Eric Some random person switched the drinks in this pic to look like the purple Barney drink belonged to moi. Nice. 
We ended up staying til the swim up bar closed (yeah, I know). The manager came out and talked to us and our little group about the hotel, boats, storms, etc... Kinda fun. :) 
Okay, the people behind Eric are the French music video people. Guys, these peeps were ridic. They were "underwater filming" a girl flailing swimming around with a camera no nicer than ours. In other words, they were full of shit and using their "video" as an excuse to use this awesome hotel and get perks. They were loud, smoking, and totally annoying. We saw them on the balcony of a room, the girl was booty dancing on an umbrella pole as though it was NOT an umbrella pole if you catch my drift. Til we heard it was a music video, we were convinced it was something a little more amateur..hint hint. Sick. haha... 

The good news, however, is through our distaste for them, we bonded with an AWESOME couple from Washington DC also at the pool! :) (pics to follow). She's a lawyer turned public affairs person and her hubby just got his MBA! Cant imagine what we had in common..;)
Okay, one of our new friends told us a story about a dvd being left in their player. Long (and slightly inappropriate) story, but we checked and alas, no dvds for us...hahahaha!
Headed to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant and needed (not wanted, NEEDED) a pic at the pink bar! :)
Yay new friends! (left to right) Michael and Tracey both live in Florida. She's a ballet dancer and actually almost joined the Tulsa ballet! They were in St. Lucia for their one year wedding anni. (I like saying "anni" for some reason.) Greg and Jessica are from DC and were there for Greg's 30th bday! Oh and there's Jackie and Eric.. they're just awesome. period...haha.. :)
Shockingly this was only the second time we ordered dessert! A chocolate cakeball thing with ice cream!
There's that monster boat, Vive La Vie! It had disco type lights that changed colors on the top floor... Yeah. This was equivalent to the second floor or more of our hotel (to give you idea of size)
Welp, that's it for day four! I think we're all about to hit the hay and I've got an early drive ahead. SOOO glad I didn't try to do it tonight though b/c the minivan and I woulda been somewhere in a ditch. That's not funny. Sorry-I'm sleepy...haha...

Happy Thursday. When I don't have any more vacation days to post, I think I'll be sad. *concerned look* Hmm.. Thankfully, I have a friend's FABULOUS wedding to post about soon, too! :)

3 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Awesome. So awesome. Also, Doolittle? Like Rex Harrison? OMG, I loved that movie when I was a kid. Remember that fantastic giant sea snail that they sailed away on? YES!!!

Stacia said...

hmm will you be in this video :)
you know if I ever make it to St. Lucia I might just dance on a pole myself...just kidding!!
pink bar = awesome
Eric's poses = awesome

Stacia said...

AND I am excited for your next trip, and a glass of wine!