Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Recap!!!

I am DYING to finish uploading my St. Lucia pics to the blog, but I had to cover this weekend first b/c it was busy, but great! :)  Friday, I had dinner with Brandy at Oscars...which we didn't know was their 1 year anniversary of being open! Needless to say dinner turned into midnight quickly- chatting, laughing and seeing friends. :) 

Saturday, Kristy had a small group over to her parents' house for a pool day! Here are Kristy, Me, Marla...all sucking in and laughing about it...nice. 

Sunny, my friend's german shepherd puppy was loving the rafting action. 
Okay, see that raft? It's called port-o-pong.. that's right..for in-pool beer pong! Coolest. thing. ever. 
Went home and got ready for Ashley and Lee's wedding out at Vesica Piscis chapel in Catoosa. The name means a shape which is basically the intersection of two circles (I may have just looked that up). I'd never been to a ceremony out there and I have no idea why not b/c it was simply beautiful!!! 

You should have seen Lee's face when he saw Ashley...so amazing. :) 

YAY!!!!! Sorry it's a little blurry.. had to play with camera settings to kill the backlight from the windows. :)
Introducing....the new Mr. and Mrs!!!!!!! 
I love this one-they both look so happy! :)
The tables had papers for everyone to fill out with how far you traveled, fav bride/groom memories, wishes for the couple, etc. Upon looking around, everyone was filling them out! Great idea, Ashley!!
They had a candy table which was a huge hit. Did I say huge b/c I meant humongous! (Humongous is a funny looking word-I had to look it up.)
I'm horrible with flower names. Horrible. But, I love love LOVED the centerpieces-so bright, pretty, classy, elegant. (Lauryl, my fav flower expert, what are these called?? :))
Yum. :)
And o.m.g...they had a mashed potato bar! I'd never seen one, but what a fab idea! Toppings (cheese, bacon, butter, etc) were to the sides. Love me some potatoes! (The rest of the food was awesometastic, too but gawd I love potatoes...haha!)
The beautiful bride and me. :)
Oddly enough, Eric's friend was getting married the same day, same time at another location. So, we both attended our friends' events sans dates. Kinda worked out tho b/c check out how many Chi Os were there-most sans date as well! :) So great to see everyone! 
Droppin it like it's hot... 
Grace doing her dance....haha.. Love it. 
Like a prayer! 

And for those of you who know what I'm talking about, you'll laugh at this. I shot a super quick vid of the "hands in" end of Like a Prayer we always do! haha! Yeah, I did. I shot another one of us all singing, but you can hear me WAY too much so that video got nixed...*nervous face* 

Finally-a bouquet toss I don't hate! I'm usually up there with the 12 year olds one of the only chicks out there with one hand on my wine and the other at my side..haha. But, it was a blast as like 15 of us stood out there laughing as Mary (the maid of honor) flailed for the bouquet and got it! Cutetastic! :) 
I have no idea who's grabbing Lee's booty, but it's comical... :)
Grace has a new dance. She's prepping for it now by removing her shoe. 
Annnnd here it is (see her holding the shoe to her ear like a phone..) I love Grace! haha! 
Getting ready to throw rose petals at the bride and groom as they depart! :)
Hooray! Congrats, Ashley and Lee! You guys know how to throw a fabulous party! You're an outstanding (and gorgeous!) couple and I'm so happy for you! Thanks for including me in your awesome day! :)
And after a girlie night for me, a bachelor party for Eric's friend, two weddings on Saturday and Fathers Day stuff today, I'm hoping to get some laid back time with that guy I went on vacation with before the weekend's over so I'm signing off! At the very least, my overflowing laundry needs some attention. *nervous* 

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! More St. Lucia pics tomorrow! (I can sense the excitement....haha....). 

4 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Wow, great pix! Thanks for posting, looks like a fun wedding and I love Ashley's gown. Oh, and those are cymbidium orchids in the centerpieces. I love orchids, too. ;)

Ashley said...

yay, these are the very first pictures I've seen!!! Thank you so much for posting them so quickly so that i got to see them before we left! I'm so glad you were there!!

Stacia said...

Water pong, oh yes! I want one of those :)
Beautiful wedding!!

Jennifer said...

OMG Ashley looks so beautiful! Thanks for posting pics!!!