Or the Branson Landing. Whatever. :) It's actually a cute little area. Case in point the below photo with the main mall area and fountain (designed by the same peeps who did the Bellagio fountain). Ate dinner at a Mexican place in the low right corner by fountain. :)
Okay, so I'm back from my work meeting!! We have meetings...a lot of them..but summer is a big one.. and as a writer for some of the execs, I'm a big part of all the meetings, especially this one. Given my role, I'm on a committee consisting of: myself, event planner(s), vp's assistant, hr, development, and and equipment guys. We all have our roles, but we also have each others backs to make sure the whole thing goes off without a hitch. Summer meetings are a big deal.. Each market area has one and it's a big 'en with all the sales people, etc. Anyhoo, ours was in Branson. I make fun of Branson for being cheesy, but the landing is actually pretty nice. But, man I'm tired... I may have just tried to turn up my tv... and uh.. it was off. This was after my USB cord for my camera (that I use all the time) nearly stumped me. Bedtime... very very close. (After SYTYCD. Duh.)
Okay, soooo... thought I'd give you a glimpse as to what I kinda do! :) B/c sometimes I feel like Chandler from Friends with the "I cant explain it all" job. hahaha!
Soooo... here's the pre-decorated room where our meeting was held! (We decorate it too...hence the "committee" part). It was too big to get all in one shot. See those little heads in the back? Those are our a/v guys...and where I sit during the meeting! 


I met with the external guest speaker (another part of my gig), made sure he was prepped and jazz. Went over his presentation with him, etc...then got done in time to go to dinner with the peeps for our event planner's bday!! (at that Mexican restaurant I referenced above). This pic features our hr person, event planners, learning specialists, exec assistant, media guy, and me! :)
Today, the second half of the two day meeting went well! :) Hooray! No balls were dropped here.. no sir-ee! But, I am SO not the 5:30 am wake up call type.. wow.. sleeptastic is me right now.
Here's where those little heads were sitting in the above photo.. and my purse is where I sit. :)
I took this with my phone camera b/c uh.. it's awesome.

So, here's that whole "we needed to help with the golf" thing...when in fact they really didn't us. This pic was before we got hot and our cart broke down (it did.. lol). But, these carts are cool, right?! (We didn't get to drive these..totally just a photo op) This is our learning specialist, me, and the vp's asst.
On another note, so sad about some cancelled plans! I got Eric and me tix to see one of his favs, Michael Franti, here on Friday and he cancelled the show with a ruptured appendix! No bueno. *sigh* I know Eric is bummed too.. This guy doesn't usually come anywhere NEAR the midwest on tours, so...blah. BUT, still super excited to see Wicked on Saturday night!!!!!! (and have my reunion in between.. Sheesh).
A funny from my meetings to leave you with.... Hotel dude finds our event planner to say "Hi, the dairy farmers next door are complaining about your loud music." LOL!!!! What?!
Totally gratuitous pic of Gracie from this evening.. Whatever. I love her. haha! Hope you're having a great week, lovelies!! :)
2 comments:
Hey, cool! Thanks for sharing more about what you do! LOVE the little "golf cart," it's adorable! Oh, and if your event planner ever needs a floral designer... I do event design for corporate stuff, too. ;-)
I love that golf cart! Your job sounds much more interesting than mine is! :)
And I do get my cards from Snow Goose, I love love that place! The magnet was from there also. I thought for sure that they carried the Anne Taintor stuff but I didn't see any when I was in there the other day. I need to find out where they carry it in Tulsa, but you can always buy it online.
Post a Comment