Traveling doesn't motivate you to work upon your return. Just sayin. So.. I'm taking a bloggy break really quickly...
I have a meeting tonight with someone from TU Alum Assn to discuss TU on T*p...aka the event I unknowingly signed up to chair. :/ It's actually sounding kinda cool this year.. being hosted by a local bar instead of the dance club it used to be held at. I hate to complain.. but wow am I kinda over having a commitment practically every day for the past few weeks. If it's not traveling, it's for an organization, etc... I totally LOVE having stuff to do, but do you ever book yourself on Sunday for an activity on Thurs when you know your week is already busy? Then Thurs arrives and you think "for real? Why did I do that?" That's me today. And all I'd love to do is go chill and have wine with the girls in a non-event-planned way... or rent a movie with Eric....or something. Just sayin.
I did, however, have time to go and get a dress to wear to Wicked this weekend! I had a credit at the Limited and ended up getting a dress that came out almost even with the credit! And...*lowering head in shame...* I now own TWO...yes two.. long black maxi dresses. I know I said I wanted one.. soo... I found one at Express on sale last weekend and bought it. I didnt LOVE it and it's a size bigger than I normally wear..but those things are supposed to be baggy, right? Right. Limited had ANOTHER one on sale for the same price in my size.. and I liked it more. So I bought it too. *sheesh* Tonight you can count on me modeling for my dog and determining which dress is getting the boot b/c the one that fits me better is semi boobalicious. That's not what I wanted..but the dress fits better all-around. Whatever. The girls might just be a little on display. It is what it is. And yes, this now makes TWO dresses I have to take back (still have that red Ann Taylor one from weeks ago). So.. that all comes out even! The only thing I really purchased-purchased was a pair of work pants b/c all their dress pants are on sale for 39 dollars. Yes. ALL of them. (Go now!)
Side note... Have you read the book Wicked? One thing I find totally interesting are all the other meanings behind things in Wicked.. They've (meaning more important people than myself) even said that it's one of the most overtly political musicals-ever. I love this. So, go watch it for the singing and dancing and feel good times... but pay attn to the other stuff if you're interesed in that sort of thing.
I need a pedicure. This is a problem b/c I dont like people touching my feet..especially people who dont speak English and are likely insulting my feet while filing my nails. (C'mon..you've thought that too.. I know you have). And I pretty much reflexively drop kick anyone who accidentally tickles my foot. AND if there's a way to hurt, bruise, whatever my toes.. I do it. So, they're usually not in shape to be messed with. *sigh* But I really do need one. Maybe I'll give myself one. I don't speak another language to coworkers while I do it anyway.
In "one more accident waiting to happen" news, Oklahoma has a new spider! Get excited, folks!
Happy Thursday!
5 comments:
WICKED. IS. F*CKING. AWESOME. read the book ages ago and saw the show last halloween. you will loooove it! have you read the book? dude. if you haven't, you must. and if you addressed this very subject in your post, i apologize. my head is not attached to my shoulders today. anyhoodle, have FUN at wicked, because it's totally bad ass and the song 'i'm popular' will be stuck in your head for days. :)
I am not much for politics, so at the reccomendation of my mother did not read Wicked. I did however see the musical and LOVED it. From what I've heard, it's far less political than the book.
Did you read the book? Yes, it's incredibly political and incredibly fascinating. Unfortunately, they took most of the serious stuff out for the musical. The musical is great and I love it, but it's mostly fluff, you're not see any of the deeper issues that are prevalent in the book.
FUCKING makes me feel good that you think those ladies are talking about your feet too. i know they do it, i know it.
I need a pedicure too..badly! I've not read the Wicked book but I loved the play! Have a good time! :)
Post a Comment