Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mariah Carey's Underpants

(I wonder how many people THAT's gonna direct to the blog from google.. Nervous). haha! Anyway, Mariah Carey's glittered underthings she wore in some video were just ONE of the things I got to see this morning at the brand new Ha*d Rock Hotel in Tulsa! In case you've been sleeping under a rock (if you're in Tulsa), here's the article.. :)

Our event planners went to look at the place and asked me if I wanted to come see it! The sales manager (who was AWESOME btw) met us with hard hats at the door so we could explore even the unfinished parts. He said every.single.sleeping room was booked so that's all he could show us...the slightly unfinished rooms! Crazysauce! :)

Lemme tell you guys... it's really cool. My personal fav was the store with tee shirts saying "H*rd Rock-TULSA!" Love! Anyway, I saw Brit Brit's miniskirt (and would like a photo by the same-takers?) ;) and some other fun memorabilia. The entire new wing is nonsmoking and the rooms are fab. The suites are even more fab-think jacuzzis overlooking the city, huge floor to ceiling "chevron" windows (he called them that.. no idea about windows so whatever), televisions that come up from the footboard area of the bed on remote. Yeah. Cool. The decor is super modern and trendy.

AND they have an AWESOME reception area on the 18th floor with those same floor to ceiling windows.. I have to admit.. I didnt feel like I was in a casino at all in the new wing... My other personal fav is the brand new McGills they're finishing on the 19th floor. I cannot WAIT to eat there!

Anyhoo, I'm not a huge Casino fan-even during my trips to Vegas- but I was impressed about what they've done in Tulsa. I'm always impressed when they do something cool around here. Just sayin. So, my blog is advertising to all you peeps.. haha! Wait another month or so if you want...b/c I think most will be done by then.. but definietly go take a look!

And I got to wear a hardhat. You can't go wrong with business attire and a hardhat. Just sayin.

I'm gonna try to post WBW later!!! Thanks to my morning excursion, got lots to do in the office... :) Happy Wednesday, peeps!

7 comments:

S said...

I love Brit Brit! Are you going to see her in September? I bought myself a nice little birthday present in the tune of a $150 ticket. I got another one of those looks from Bryan, but told him I would judge him for spending money on a Cowboys ticket. He mumbled something about how it isn't the same thing.
Speaking of Bryan, you said that you don't know how you and Eric really met, Bryan and I met at Brookside Bar one night. We can't all have those "And we met while volunteering at a puppy rescue shelter after he lovingly coaxed the poor abused pup out of the corner and blah blah blah..." HAHA - maybe I missed my calling and should start writing sappy love stories. Hmmm...

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

very fun sounding!

Ashley said...

I would also like a photo op with with Brit's miniskirt. And with Mariah's glitter panties!

I just love that hotel. We had people stay there for the wedding and everyone I worked with out there was awesome! Was the sales manager Mark? That's who I mostly worked with but I wasn't sure of his title so it might not be him. I loved him. We got a tour of everything, but that was way back when they were just starting the new stuff.

I had been going to At the Be*ch. I hate them, especially the guy who works at the 15th & Lewis location. I was telling Lee about your friends ingenious idea to use that Stilly address. He suggested that we might be able to use his parents' address in Lawton, so we'll see. I need to pull out that "contract" which actually shows up as a LOAN on your credit report!!

Oh, and the gym thing, you do not have to be a student or alum or anything. You just pay a yearly $25 fee to join the alumni and friends group. They do have classes, but I'm not sure about the schedule....

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

How cool.. you are so adorable, by the way! I love that you are a corporate strategist and so dang cute! :)

Sarah H. said...

you + me + plus B Spears mini skirt + mcgills = heaven.....Let's do it!

Sarah H. said...

I'm glad I put a plus sign and then also typed plus....I SUCK!

Jax said...

I'm SO going to see Britney!!! So excited!! Suzanne-And romantic stories on how you met are overrated. ;) You guys are super cute!

And uh, Ashley.. you HAVE to give the Lawton thing a go. HAVE TO. I hate At the B and have never even had to deal with them!

Tracy-you're too cute... :)Thank you!!

Sarah-I love you. Period. hahahaha! That's awesome.