Monday, October 5, 2009

Concert Weekend Recap!

Concertastic weekend! I had an EARLY morning (think meeting in another town at 7:30am followed by another at 10am back in town and another at 11:30 am at a separate location). But wanted to post these before I crash. :)

Eric and I at his friend, Paul's before the concert! I attempted to make my hair wavy. I'm not sure how I feel about it.. haha...But I do know that I like this pic of us! :)
I had the "vivid colors" switch on accidentally.. haha.. but this is us on the elevator on way to concert! His friend owns a condo in the area so we just walked. :) (Ps while I was there I talked myself into needing a condo.. I'm apparently indecisive, huh?)
This one cracks me up b/c you can see the reflection in the elevator wall of the chaos going on to get this pic.. hahaha!
Dave and Willy sang a song!! I took about a zillion pics (and videos) during the concert so I'll spare you from them and just post a few of the awesome ones! It was SUCH a good concert, peeps.. and I was never even the huge Dave fan everyone else was in college.. I am now though...but just sayin it was really freaking impressive.
Lauren text me...Eric wanted to send her a message on my pink phone (in his hand). This was his face when I was like "Um.. hello.. she wasn't texting YOU..." haha...
Funny funny...
He.rocked.out. :) (and we had great seats!)
My boyfriend can hold himself sideways on a pole. I didn't believe him...soo.. yeah.. evidence.. haha.. (Walking back to Paul's). :)
Overall, Dave definitely lives up to the hooplah! He puts on a damn good show! Our tix were with his sis and her boyf and all four of us definitely had a blast! Eric and I may have jammed, danced and taken a couple hilarious videos from our seats..haha.. Maybe I'll post later. :) We had a few beers before and during the concert and were ready to go out afterwards with some peeps.. til we decided to sit down. Bad choice. haha.. It was all over from there. Gooodnight Eric and Jax.. haha... Friday night- 6 stars out of 5. Yup.

Saturday, up and headed to Blue Dome for breakfast.. mmm... People, it is SO good. It's the kind of place that's in a fun, artsy district (love it) and you can go in absolutely anything. My choice Sat morning? Eric's sweatshirt, my jeans and Eric's flip flops. Yeah. For reals. haha.... Headed home, packed and headed to Oklahoma City to see Kel and Kings of Leon!! Gracie made the trip with me and was such a good pup for the drive! She just sits in the passenger seat when I say "get in your seat." haha.. Adorable. Anyway....

Here's our group before the concert!! I ended up running to Target and getting some tights b/c uh.. it was rainy and chilly.. aka..not weather for a minidress (despite what some girls were wearing at the concert.. *nervous*).
This was the re-opening of the Ford Cntr after the remodel job they did on the suites! We sat up there in them and were impressed by the remodel job, but definitely not with the staff. They were kinda rude to be honest... I was told "No pictures. Dont.even.try.it." by a woman old enough to be my grandmother. *nervous* Everyone in that arena had a camera out so I didn't know what she was talking about.. *shrugs* Whatev! I think they have some kinks to work out still.

The only bad thing was a group of area high schoolers sitting in front of us and one of the girls was so drunk, she fell down two rows of seats in her dress. Yeah. For real. This was after she puked. Needless to say, they were removed.. haha...
The ladies behind us kept saying "You guys are so cute.. You're so cute..." Kelli and I were like "uh... thanks.. just take the photo please..." hahah.. The whole thing was hilarious. Sad it's blurry but it's still fun!

Out afterwards to a place called Drinks with a "z" instead of an "s." Jenny, me, Kelli and Candace! (I think she kinda looks like Kristen Cavallar!, right?! But she's super nice unlike Kristen..haha...) Good times!
Jamming out.. We all look ridiculous so I had to post this.. haahaha.. And no, those are not all our drinks.. We'd just taken over a table before it was cleared...
Oooohkay.. soo.. we left bricktown in the rain at around 1am and opted to head for Taco Bell. (duh). I was driving Kel's car b/c hello.. we were out for HER bday so she got to have some fun, peeps. :) Let's just say this is a testament to Oklahoma roads, not my driving.. Well..not my driving as much as Ok roads that is.. haha.. Pothole-1. Jackie-0. The best part is the air compressor Kelli had which we tried to use on the tire. in the rain. in our dresses. at Taco Bell. (why didn't we take a photo?!) Anyway, it's all good. We got home okay and everything's cool now.. but this was the tire in the morning.

Kelli's quote: "Even the car had too much fun last night..." hahahaha....
Little G was so sad to be in the puddle! haha! She looks so awkward behind Kel's fence in the rain.. :( Poor little thing. She's since had a nice puppy bath. And dude.. I think I'm paranoid, but I missed one month of her heartworm meds and now can't give her the next dose til she gets tested...just to make sure. And I may or may not think everything she does is indicative of heartworm. I'm ridiculous. I know. Question-does your pup ever sound like she has a hairball? She coughs like that sometimes and it's freaking me out. Hello vet bill, meet Jackie. You will be good friend with her credit card later this week. Arg.
Great weekend. Great weekend indeed!

My regular job's department meeting is this week in Tul so I'm headed to a murder mystery dinner with everyone tomorrow night! Fun stuff! This week is really busy every evening with work stuff so I might fall off the bloggy bandwagon, but gonna try to stick with it b/c I have some goooood pics for Way Back Wednesday! teehee! (granted this post ended up being long enough to last an eternity.. sheesh.. sorry about that).

Hope you had a great weekend and this week is starting off well for ya!! :) I got my scarf in the mail from the scarf swap and I LOVE IT! I cant wait to blog it!!!

19 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

After seeing your cute picture of you in "our" dress with your girlfriend ... I have come to the conclusion that we are twins that were lost at birth. That is all :)

Unknown said...

OMG...your man has some moves ;)- Lol on the pole.
What a F.U.N. weekend. And those elevator shots are classic...vivid color and all!!!
Poor car...too much for it i suppose. {Can't hang}

Lived With Love said...

Looks like you have a fab time! :) i love your hair! xx

J said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend!!

S said...

You looked super cute at all your concerts! The pink top and the dress look great! I am so jealous that you got to go to those concerts. *SIGH* I hope you have a great week, despite being so busy :)

Ashley said...

yay for your fun weekend!! and the murder mystery dinner? i'm so jealous, i've always wanted to go to one of those!! my dogs do the hairball thing too, like all the time, gracie's just fine! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, your hair is totally cute wavy! And I'm so glad you loved Dave! I have seen him about 7 times and he has never disappointed! So fun!

Oh, and I am SUCH a hypocondriac! I think everything my dog does is indicative of him having some major illness and it never really turns out to be so! :) We just love our puppies!

Candace said...

looks like you had a blast this weekend! I love the necklace choice for Friday night's concert :) Happy Monday!

Meredith said...

Great pictures! And I've never been a huge Dave fan either but I hear he's amazing in concert! I would love to see Kings of Leon! They're in Dallas this week but I wasn't able to get tickets. Oh well.

Excited to see you guys in November!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So fun! Love all your pictures!

katandkarl said...

the picture of eric on the pole is making me snicker. :) i love it.

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Love the wavy hair! Looks like ya'll had such a fun weekend!

Simply Me said...

Hi bloggie friend!!!

I know you and I just did the scarf echange before but I’m doing a scarf exchange- I’d really love for you to be part of it. It’s going to be awesome!! Head over to my blog and leave me a comment if you want to join in, the more the merrier!!
Plus you will get a little gift in the mail from me regardless!
Xoxox
Kate
www.kateandkylie.com

Lauryl Lane said...

hold the phone! HOW exactly is eric holding himself on the pole? It's a visual trick, right? dammmmnnnnnnn.

you know, upper body strength like that... means.... something.... ;-)

Stacia said...

You are super FUN! Lov ethe pics and I love my art work you did :) I emailed my password for you and I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

It sounds great and your friends all look so fun! That pole picture is crazy.

Annie said...

what a fabulous weekend you had!!
the pics of you and your man are adorable, what a perfect couple you make! && the pics of you and your friends are super cute too! all you ladies are gorgeous! have to say you have a handsome man and look at those pole skills ;)
your dress with the tights looked great! you always look beautiful though :)

Mrs. H said...

I just found your blog through another blogging friend! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun at the concert. I'm going to see KOL tomorrow night - can't wait! Well I'm off to follow your blog!

Random Musings said...

Love the pictures.. and thats quite a talent your man has there..lol

I wish I could have been at that show.. looks like fun!