Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tears at work....

....are inappropriate in my opinion. They just are. If I get sad, I rarely cry (unless I'm REALLY sad).. My tears come more from frustration. You ever feel that way? Anyway...

So, breathing deeply so as to hold back tears today in my shared cube was hard. In my regular job, I have an office door I can shut. Not here. Arg.

We had a meeting where we were supposed to report something. Something on my report was recorded wrong (not by me I might add) and since I have the largest goal, mine was a big deal. I said the incorrect number (which really wasn't earth shattering this early in the results piece) and in turn got in trouble afterwards. Like b*tched out. It was really fun. I highly recommend it should you need to practice the whole deep-breathing-not-crying thing.

And the entrance is so damn far away as is the bathroom.

So I met a friend for lunch. And now I'm better. But for reals. *heavy sigh*

My dinner with my department from my regular job tonight is coming at a really good time. I miss that place today. Working for a volunteer organization to raise money in a tough economy is not for the faint hearted. Just sayin.

24 comments:

emotional diva said...

i'm so sorry that you had to deal with that today. hopefully the person who recorded the data incorrectly will be more careful next time seeing that someone else has to suffer for their mistakes. i hope your day is better from here on out. =D

love!

Jax said...

:) Yeah, I'm better. The person who recorded it wrong IS the person who yelled at me.. b/c he didnt want me to report the number in the first place. SheesH!!!! Thanks for the good vibes, chica!

Ginger said...

Ugh I hate that feeling. Hope your day gets better.

Unknown said...

Oh no...it happens and i'm sorry it did to you. Not the best feeling i'm sure. Head up and smile pretty lady...the day is almost over. Off to dinner you go and dress up and get a drink. You'll feel much better when dessert comes around :)

Lauryl Lane said...

oh, jax! i'm so sorry! honestly i wouldn't take your job for the world- i have so much respect for you and what you are doing right now! however, there is NO REASON to bitch out a person who is giving of their time to raise money for a nonprofit. that is just WRONG. give me names, and i'll hunt 'em down. so serious!

Ashley said...

I hate you had to deal with that today! The feeling that someone else did something wrong on your report just makes me so mad! HEY but the good thing is that you get to go out tonight and enjoy a night with people that you love! Have fun tonight! Tomorrow will be a better day...I can feel it! :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Ugh. I hate, I mean HATE crying in situations like that. The past few years I've become really emotional which doesn't help. Have fun tonight and blow of some steam, you deserve it!

S said...

I believe that happens to me at least once every two weeks or so. Law school man.

Llama said...

Wow! I give you credit! I would have TOTALLY been in tears! I hate that...no one should cry at work...yet unfortunately things happen...im sorry!
Don't worry and have fun tonight!!

Brown Girl said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry. I totally got bitched out by the CFO once and I was so heart broken, I didn't cry but I felt like my dad had just yelled at me. It sucked. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...there's always tomorrow right? ugh.

Harmless Error said...

Crying out of frustration at work is the bane of my existence. I can count the few times it has happened on one hand, but they are memorable.

Tomorrow is a new day:)

Annie said...

sweetie pie, i'm so sorry to hear about your day :(
you didn't deserve that.
i cry when frustrated as well.
i have also had a time or two where i just need to cry at work and i can't and don't know what to do. if i walk to the bathroom its all the way on the other side of the office, if i stay at my desk everyone will see.

i hope the rest of your day and your night goes much better!! thinking of you sweet girl!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry :( hugs via blog. Have a drink and remember tomorrow's a new day. Sorry today you were used as a scapegoat.

. said...

awww, i'm so sorry lady. I hope you feel better!

Kaitlin said...

Ugh, sorry! I can definitely relate. The majority of my customers are older men who hold nothing back and leave me quite frustrated (insensitive jerks). I've certainly shed a tear or two in the privacy of my own car after meetings with a few of the worst. Hope tomorrow's better!!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I hate days like that... I am so sorry! I had one of those days... it was so terrible, I got yelled at too and I went to my car on my lunch break and just completely broke down, it was so horrible. Hope your day got better, Jax!

Marian said...

Frustration tears can be the worse. I tend to get those at work...quite often since my boss can be a jerk. I just remind myself that I'm so much better than him. Hope your day got better!!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I totally know what you mean because this happened to me last week with an executive. I was doing everything I could to hold it in .... ahhh!!! Sorry babe!

. said...

omg yes, it's so good this season!!!! I LOVE IT!! =)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh I'm so sorry! I totally know how days like that go. I hope that you have a much better Wednesday!

melissa said...

boo. so sorry jackie. :( i hate crying, and i REALLY hate crying at work. sorry you had to deal with that, mama.

but SO glad you had some deep breaths and some wine and you're better!!! xoxox

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes I cry at work and I HATE doing it but if I'm that upset/frustrated they just start coming. Maybe i should just keep some vodka or wine in my desk and that will help :)

Windy City Kelley's said...

How frusterating! I most likely would have cried in my shared cube though :)

care said...

good for you for doing everything you could to keep it together. I am SO SORRY to hear about the crappiness!

I think I would've gone to the bathroom and cried--I must admit I have before.

And? I wish a bad haircut on the bitcher-outer. that is all :)