Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wishful AND Way Back Wednesday! :)

Again, I wanted to do the Wishful Wednesday over at the Seattle Smiths annnnd my regular Way Back Wednesday, but this edition is special so scroll down for more details. ;)

First, Wishful Wed!
This week, the topic is I wish I could change one physical trait about myself and that would be.... my hands! I know you prolly think that's weird and lame, but they bug! 1. I get dry skin and have hand lotion in my handbag at all times and 2. I feel like my hands look old! They're kinda wrinkly.. haha... I'm serious! I'd post a pic, but I'm being lazy. Plus, I'm so clumsy so I perpetually have a papercut or something bizarre on them. And b/c apparently I can't just pick one, I'd likely reverse the sun damage I did to my skin at an early age...at least some of it. ;)

Okay, moving on to WAY BACK WEDNESDAY!!!

A special edition of WBW...featuring...Eric!! That's right, my boyfriend was cleaning out his back room (in hopes of making a "man room" soon I might add...haha), he found these pics and passed a couple on! How.freaking.adorable.was.he?! I was kinda a chubby kid and my mom kept my hair super short. I'm admittedly jealous of his lack of chub and cutetasticness. haha.. :)
This makes me laugh.. He still makes this face when driving... er.. uh.... not really, but I'd love it if he did.. hahaha.. ;)
This one, friends, is my favorite! haha! Hi, I'm Eric and I'm a complete ham. Dont believe me? Let me stick my hand in my pocket and pose all GQ on you. Thanks. ;)
Finally, thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my previous blog...for reals. You guys made me smile! Sometimes I just feel like I need to get.it.out. but I can't b/c I'm sitting in a cube and surrounded by peeps who are great, but who I don't know all THAT well. Soo..yeah.. Everytime my phone vibrated to let me know I had an alert and I saw it was a comment, I think breathing got a little easier with each positive thought from you guys. :)

Tonight with my real co workers was exactly what I needed. :) (and vino. two glasses of vino.) We had a murder mystery dinner-80s theme! People came in and performed it for us at a local restaurant-so fun!!!! I took pics so you're guaranteed they'll get posted soon. And I even won a prize from the actors-an 80s music cd set! YES! I also participated in a conga line. I did. I miss those peeps. For reals. One more month of making a difference....

Happy Wednesday!!!

20 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Those pictures of him are absolutely adorable... to die for!! I love them. I am so glad you are feeling better about today - I truly felt for you with the work situation - and I know what you mean about the hands, although, I am sure yours are adorable :)

Unknown said...

Conga line...Ooooo i gotta see!!!
How adorable was your man? For reals...the hair...the clothes...what a stud :)-
Ya for a wonderful night of happiness and smiles. You deserved it girl.

Lauryl Lane said...

Um, HELLO! How adorable is Eric? That last picture of him, obviously Easter (I'm assuming) is CLASSIC.

Glad you are feeling better, chica! xoxo

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ok, so since I already pretend to be your twin, this is even scarier now. I have the same hand issue, and this boy in 2nd grade (who was my FIRST crush) told me my hands were like sandpaper. Really, what a great way to crush my spirits and stick with me in my 20's! xoxo!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh my gosh I totally wish I had different hands too! I wish my fingers were just a tad bit skinnier.

J said...

The pictures of Eric are adorable!!

Jennifer said...

I love the Eric pics, too cute. On a side note I miss you and want to see you soon

katandkarl said...

uh, can eric please call his mom and see if she still has the easter outfit? nate would like to borrow it. HA. additionally i find the KC lights on the bigfoot hilarious.

sorry to hear about your shitty day yesterday - did you think about something, uh, happy while you were getting bitched out? ;) YOU are doing wonderful!

Ginger said...

how cute is your sweetie

Windy City Kelley's said...

Nothing like a good conga line to make things all better :)

Laura said...

That's it great minds think alike. Welcome to Wishful Wednesdays. Why do conga line's put a smile on my face? Love your blog and I'm so glad I found you. Stop by today for a slice of San Francisco...

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I think it's funny you don't like your hands, because I hate my feet! LOL

Courtney said...

I love looking at pictures of my husband as a little boy. Makes you wonder what your kid is going to look like someday.
And I'm with you on the hands thing. Mine drive me nuts!

emotional diva said...

ok. i will never be able to look at eric without seeing that bigfoot pic face! it is now embedded into my brain and will remain now and forever as...the face of eric. ha!

i can't believe you got bitched out by the douche bag that made the mistake! omg! i'd have hit him in 3 different ways: hard, fast, continuously! rar! glad today is better and you know you have awesome blogger friends! =)

gotta go get my lovelies from the busss. =)

Lyryn said...

Hands... really? I want to see your hands! lol!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Look how dapper he was in his plaid blazer. Ah ha. And vino cures all manners of ailments. So does bubbly. : )

Tatiana said...

he is too cute! Look at him trying to be a ladies man!
So glad you're feeling better today, and I can't wait to see some pics from your mystery night (I've always wanted to go to one).
And now I want to see your hands...

S said...

Thanks for giving my proportions a confidence boost! It's always nice to hear that people don't notice the flaws you see in yourself :)

Annie said...

the pictures are adorable!! i love the second one, what a cute expression!!
i am glad you are feeling better today sweet girl!! i think you are the best & it would be awesome if we lived closer, i would love to meet you!! kinda crazy but i have yet to meet another blogger in MN! i don't think blogging is big here. at least i've met awesome ladies like yourself! i think ya'll filled a void in my life :) sweetest ladies around!

okay about your hands....i have looked at my own hands and compared them to my friends hands and i swear my hands have issues too! looking "older" than their hands and not as pretty ;)
in reality though, i'd change my legs/butt/thighs before my hands! haha!!

can't wait to see pictures from your FUN night!!
happy wednesday girly!! xo

JAMIE said...

Hey! I left you a little present on my blog!