So, it's not even close to New Years, but I want to blog this. (It's only November. I'm ridiculous. I know this. Admitting it up front.) Today, got an invite from Eric's friends who are hosting a SPEAKEASY for NYE! Um.. flapper dresses! 1920s! Hellllo awesome! It's gonna be a small shindig at their casa, but to be really honest, that fits what I wanted to do to a t!! Just not feeling a huge, cuhrazy event this year. I am so excited to find the perfect flapper dress since I think we've both determined this sounds like a fabulous plan to ring in 2010!
And um, I immediately recalled Gossip Girl's flapper attire... I heart Blair. I also heart the girl who plays Blair, Leighton. I just do. And a party that enables me to use her for inspiration rocks.my.socks. PS.. have you SEEN her new photos from Dec's GQ mag? They're haute... For reals.. Prepare yourself (and make sure no one is behind you.. haha). Here they are. Click on em to make em larger.

Oh yeah.. HillDuff is also in flapperish attire for the show. I'm liking her character, Olivia. Hoping she doesn't leave.

I.love.theme.parties. :) If you've seen any fun dresses lately, feel free to recommend, peeps! XOXO! :)
And for Way Back Wednesday, why not post some prior years NYE pics?
Last year at Oscars-such a good time! Easily my fav nye as long as I can remember.. for reals. Good plans. Good friends. Fabulous date. (and great dress on major sale, too. haha).
The year before in Chicago with Lauren! Blondies in black. Love it. :)

And the year before that one at the Ice Ball with Maureen and lots of other peeps :) Just b/c they start selling the champagne by the bottle reallllly cheap after midnight, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to buy it and switch to champagne only. Just sayin.

18 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a great theme for a NYE party!! I can't wait to see pics!!!
Aww i havent really been out for NTE! As im only 18! lol! I definately will this year though! :) Cant wait xxx
That sounds like SO much fun! Still have no clue what we'll be doing!
How fun! I can't wait to see what you wear! I have not even begun to think about what we are doing for NYE.
And I am in love with Blair W. as well. I wish I could be that bad ass and get away with it. ha!
Have a great day sweetie!
I heart Blair too! That pic of her is flawless :) Flapper dresses are awesome!
I love that idea for NYE! How fun :)
i love gossip girl and i am not ashamed. I SAID I LOVE IT. :) blair's my favorite. oh god don't mention this to anyone.
the speakeasy idea is super fun and you'll pull it off like a pro. NEWWWW YEARRRR'S!!! (i prefer it to christmas.) (and i don't care if that makes me a commie.) xo
Oh how fun! I love your ice ball dress, cute!
I am likely having a kid party for the 2nd year in a row....but look out the following year..ha!
Love flapper dresses and love Leighton/Blair! Sounds like it's going to be super fun!!!
WOW!! looks like such a great time!! great theme! :)
I love, love, love all three of those dresses on you!
i think my new years attire shall be yoga pants and a tanks - surprise! I love your ICE BALL dress. CA-UTE.
That sounds like such a fab new years!! You'll have such a fun time shopping for that! Love the pics of past new years too...awesome pink dress!
What a fun idea for NYE! I believe my NYE will be spent at home this year, tear...Cute pics!!
Speakeasy night for NYE sounds AWESOME!!! The year I planned the TU Theatre Dept's year-end banquet, I did a "Roaring 20's" theme and a lot of ppl dressed flapper era, including me. I even went out and had my hair cut into a bob just for the party. So.Much.Fun. You're going to have a blast!
LOVE GG too. I also love that black and white dres in the last picture. So cute!
I love that all your friends dress up - every NYE I'm dressed to the nines and I feel like I'm pulling teeth trying to get my friends to not want to wear gym shoes! Flapper theme sounds like a blast!
I love the Flapper dress idea! And I'm super glad I have my own office so no one could see me open those pics-they're smokin', but I'm sure the boss wouldn't approve!
Post a Comment