I first saw this on Mrs. EyeCanSee and have since seen quite a few of my other fav bloggers out there doing it too.. and today, it seemed fitting. :) Except.. I'd like to end on the positive, so I'll start with Thorns and then switch to Roses (plus it'll make the roses make more sense).
* Thorns to the hose in the back of my toilet bursting on my day off- floor was filled with water in .2 seconds* Thorns to not being able to get a hold of my LL, calling a plumber and being told to call the fire dept to shut off the water
* Thorns to 8 firemen in my apt, traipsing around...awwwwwwkward...hahaha...
* Thorns to not getting as much done today as I originally intended thanks to the toilet drama...
* Thorns to not receiving some news I've been somewhat waiting on...
* Thorns to getting a little pimple on my chin! What is THAT?! Sheesh.. haha..
* Thorns to the 206 emails my blackberry says are waiting for me at work tomorrow...
* Thorns to realizing I have like a month to get Xmas presents and am clueless! Agh!

* Roses to being home at the exact.right.time.today when the toilet thing burst b/c if I hadn't been, would have ruined everything in my apt!
* Roses to Eric for being calm and giving me a plumber's number when I called him at work, exclaiming "my bathroom's flooding and my LL isn't answering-WHATDOIDO?!" Jackie=apparently not calm in household emergencies. Good to know.
* Roses to getting my apt fixed up pretty quickly and my LL washing all my towels I'd used for the mess, folding them and leaving them on my table. :)
* Roses to having a roof over my head, in a cute warm apt, despite a plumbing issue today.
* Roses to Eric's official first day today in his new dept at work! (yes, I called him on his first day in the new dept with my potty drama.. Good gosh...)
* Roses to my mug of hot peach tea I just made for this cold night
* Roses to my adorable pup laying beside me
* Roses to preparing a yummy dinner tonight thanks to those pre-cooked chickens at Target :)
* Roses to going to Sephora to get lipgloss & realizing I never got my free bday gift-so got THREE addl fun lipglosses!
* Roses to figuring out exactly how I want my bedroom to look when I'm done!
* Roses to seeing all my co workers tomorrow and the regular jobbie and having a cafeteria on-site again (fountain sodas whenever I want. So unhealthy. So amazing.)
* Roses to New Moon coming out this week!
* Roses to having a shorter week since I took the day off today!
24 comments:
Oh my goodness if that was me I'd be absolutely freaking out! Glad you got it all fixed up fairly quickly! It must not have been that bad to have all those firemen in your apartment!!! ;)
That stinks so bad about your plumbing! Roses to an awesome boyfriend for helping you out! :)
Your Target sells pre-cooked food? SO awesome! I wish ours did!
*Shamefully admitting* I'm going to the midnight showing of New Moon *Hanging my head*
On site fountain sodas seriously dangerous :) haha and MAJOR THORNS to any toilet problems!!!! eeek
Sorry about your toilet drama! I'm glad it's all behind you now!
Thank goodness you were home for the throne drama!
Oh no! That sounds horrible! What a God send that you were home and able to deal with it...can you imagine opening the door to that?!
OH MY, you poor thing!! Glad you were there at the right time!!
This is a great way of venting in a post. I love it!! I love peach tea by the way!!
Yay for Roses and Thorns! Though I can't take credit, I stole it from another blog too!
Thanks goodness you were home for the toliet debacle!! Even if it was a shitty way to spend your day off! And yes...pun intended, haha. Hope you're not drowning in emails today!
This is so neato! And yes I will be copycating this ;)
What a great way to vent and still throw in some positive I'm totally stealing this later.
The good news is there were a LOT more roses than thorns. :) Sorry about the stupid hose issue. I think it's time you buy a house. Hehe.
I hate broken toilets!!!!!
such a cute little post! So sorry you had potty drama, and that you didn't get to spend your day off exactly how you had hoped for. yeah for you choosing to be optimistic :) I hope today isn't too crazy for you back at your 'normal' job :}
good idea to take yesterday off! you deserved it hun!
what a big bummer about the toilet, glad everything cleaned up quickly though! i would have freaked out as well ;)
those pre-cooked chickens are the best!! love them!
when you finish your bedroom you have to take pics!
i hope you are having a good day hun!! XO!
Thank you so much for the advice!! ewww sucks about the toilet!!!
Love the ROSES AND THORNS idea. It seems to help flush out the bad when we try to observe the good.
I love our bloggity. It makes me happy.
OMG, I've been the victim of a busted pipe and it it happened while I was out of town. Thank goodness that you were home! And precooked chickens at Target? Do tell! Rotisserie?
you should do the working closet with me!
Oh my goodness, that is crazy! I would have been freaking out!!!
This is a great way of venting in a post How to make a website
Your Target sells pre-cooked food? SO awesome! I wish ours did! How to make a website
Eeeks-I would have freaked if I had water everywhere too!
I'm excited about New Moon-I hope not everything is sold out for the weekend (crossing my fingers!)
I feel you about work-I have a million emails to get through, but I just need a break!
Post a Comment