Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Recap!

So, I have quite a bit written on the UW post and quite a bit to go... It's really more for my memories, ya know.. Anyway, in the meantime, I'm going to post pics from the weekend! I feel so behind on blogger.. ever get like that? With this being Eric's last week before the first section of the CPA exam (aka he will be locked in studying all week/weekend)....and no more UW (kinda sad admittedly), I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to catch up on all things internet and dvr... :)

Friday, I headed to my friend's house-she's an excellent cook and was so sweet to make dinner for us! Then, we made cookies (and they were yumtastic!). No photos for some reason. :( But, fun and chillax night. Then, headed to Eric's and watched some tv (after he was done studying for the night) to continue chill time. With all the studying he has to do, his free time Sat needed to be spent doing some stuff in the yard, etc while the weather was good... so I helped to both get to hang...and help him cut down on yard work time. :) It's likely b/c I don't own a home yet.. but I really get a kick out of all things having to do with raking, yard-cleaning, etc...haha..

I also get a kick out of this photo...
We took all the leaves and some plants to the "green dump" just outside of town.. which I'd never been to.. It's the little (admittedly bizarre) things that get me kinda pumped.. haha.. Please remember this when I buy a house and am complaining...

Anyway, this is what the leaves looked like when we got there.. hi.larious.
Then, this is embarrassing to admit. But, if you read my blog, you remember the bed I've been trying to paint black for.ever. Yeah, well....life happens, people. Things get busy.. haha.. Soo, here's me priming and finishing the last piece! Almost done! YAY! I need to pick out new linens for a bigger bed and a new room design!
Saturday night, housewarming party! Beth threw the party for her boyfriend who just bought a home in an older area of town redone with modern amenities...like my fav-the awesome staircase that you see here which extends down to a finished basement.

Here they are-aren't they adorable?
I.love.chandeliers. I don't really blog about that b/c well.. I can't put any in my apartment (without my LL's being pissed.. haha), but Beth found this one at an estate sale and I made her take a photo with it...haha...
Our friend cooked and it was so yum. As Marla said, "this is so guy style-I love it!" Very camping-comfort food.. mmmm... .
Some of the girls :)
Then, Timberly and I headed to Oscars for a glass of wine and met up with some friends. :) This pic amuses me b/c everyone is doing something kinda random.. haha.. Scott and I are in our own photo.. Timberly has "sexy face" (as she puts it..lol!), Sara photo bombed and Robbie doesn't look like he likes us with how far he's sitting.. haha..
Today, taiiiiilgating!! Sunday night game! It was cold and rainy and that didn't stop us! We're fans, people! Someone loved his grilling gloves....
His dad invited everyone from work tonight so we expected about 100ppl. So.much.food! :) The weather kept some peeps away, but we still had a good crowd!
Grills-good for cooking annnnnd warming hands....
Our tailgate! Rented an extra tent (the pointy one) for more peeps this time :) I kinda heart the blue trees... Just sayin... Good call, TU.. Good call.
Timberly had tix in the club level (inside).... and shared with her friends Jax and Eric. Thank you, Timbo for contributing to my warmth and comfort tonight.. I kept saying we had the princess seats.. I'm okay with that. haha. :)
Coach's face... We look scary...
Better. Or at least less frightening... hah! :)
Hope you had a great weekend! Don't forget to enter my giveaway ending Tuesday! :) Loved reading your answers to my question! I took tomorrow off and feel like I have a zillion things to do... On the list...a trip to sephora. As lame as it sounds, I've been conserving every ounce of lipgloss b/c I haven't had time to go out there...haha.. That's gonna be my favorite errand tomorrow out of the zillion I have to run... Hope your week starts off fabtastic, blogfriends. :)

22 comments:

Kat said...

You all are too cute. Hope you had a great weekend!

_Kat

Anonymous said...

You had a busy busy weekend! I loved the pics- you are adorable :)
Have a wonderful errands day tomorrow!

J said...

You weekend looks like a blast!! I can't wait to see the new bed all finished!!

Shannon Dew said...

such cute pics! Looks like you had a great time!

Laura and Ryan said...

You are too cute! I love your plaid dress! That chandelier is gorgeous!

JennyLee said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

Jon and Steph said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I love all of your pictures... it looks like you guys always have a great time ;)

S said...

Doll, if you want to come rake at my house I won't turn you away ;) Good luck readjusting to work work. I'm sure you'll be happy to be back. Umm, I love blue lights too.

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! That "guy food" that your friend cooked looks amazing! And you and your friends are so adorable...but what I want to know is how you manage to still look so stinkin' cute even when painting things?! Is that just natural?! Haha, I also love the pictures of you guys with the coaches face...hiiilarious!

Brittney said...

What a fun weekend. I love your style, girl!

. said...

Looks like just a fabulous weekend!!

Candace said...

What a fun weekend! And...I totally love the picture of Eric and the leaves. hahahaha...priceless!!

Happy Monday Chica!

Windy City Kelley's said...

Night football games are so fun!

By the way that chandelier is awesome. I'm so looking forward to putting some of those up in our new place in Dallas!

Stacia said...

Great pics! And yes I love the TU blue trees!

Alison said...

Love the photo of your b/f! He does not look impressed about those leaves!!! I wish tailgating was something people did where I live. It looks so fun! I heart the blue tree too, sooo pretty! :) Oh and I love the white coat you are wearing! Looks warm. :)

The SSS Sophisticate said...

Fun weekend! That table of food looks AMAZING! This is random, but do people ever tell you that you look a little like Kate Bosworth circa Blue Crush time frame)? Hopefully that doesn't offend you or anything because I think she is super cute!

PS I left something for you on my blog today.

Sierra said...

Ha ha, Eric cracks me up and that is a whole lotta leaves, glad you had fun scooping them up! Hope you don't miss your man too much while he is studying, hang in there sweetie! My man has been busy too, know the feeling. I like your girlfriend pics too, so much fun and random poses like you said! XO!

Jenny DB said...

I LOVE the grilling pic.. and the raking one.. funny BF pics make me smile:) looks like an awesome weekend, and umm.. i didn't know turtle necks could be cute but your yellow sweater is A-DORABLE on you!

Unknown said...

Enjoy Sephora hun ♥ Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. I luv grilling and warming my hands :)-
The pic of the leaves had me laughing HARD!!!

Stephanie H said...

Your love of chandeliers is fun. I hope someday you can have all the ones you want in your house!

Lauryl Lane said...

Yay! I love chandeliers too! I'm actually going to blog a few in a minute... It's so weird seeing all your TU pix. I guess b/c I don't live there anymore, college seems like a lifetime ago and TU barely interests me. I wish I had more school spirit. But I don't. ;-(

prashant said...

Have a wonderful errands day tomorrow! How to make a website