I am sorry I've been neglecting you. It's been a long week and I just couldn't find time to reconnect. I also dont like to blog unless I have time to comment on others' blogs as well. *sigh* Some things I haven't gotten to talk to you about include my scary puddle jumper flight in the snowstorm... which they had to spray w/ de-icer (whoa...and yes, I took a photo through my window seat window..haha), the less-than-polite teen sitting next to me on the plane who threw his jacket on my lap and took my armrest (hmph!), the awesome men's coat Eric ordered (and was so pumped about b/c it was on crazy sale) that arrived and turned out to be labeled wrong as a men's coat...it was a women's...(haha). I haven't commented on the Bachelor (whoa) or on the Biggest Loser. I forgot to tell you how I bought a space heater b/c I was freaking out about freezing to death in my sleep...til I got it home and got terrified of a fire in my sleep and never even got it out of the box. (Paranoid=me)
I also didn't get to tell you about my friend, L's, father who passed away last week from a long (10 year) battle with cancer. (didn't know you signed up for a semi sad blog, did you? sorry peeps...I dont mean it to be like that...). Last night, you could have found me among a room full of fabulous ladies-some who flew in, some drove in from other cities, some drove from across town... all surrounding our friend, L, with some love, some laughs, support... and A LOT of food and wine (seriously, the amount of food/wine we put away is embarassing). We actually had a really good time..and most importantly, so did L. :) (Think piles of high school photos were brought out...haha). Today, we all joined our friend in support at her father's prayer service....and will do the same tomorrow at his funeral.
While her father is in a much better place, it makes me sad that she's joining some of us who have lost a parent and it also makes me sad to know some of the things she's likely thinking, having lost my father too. Mine was a long time ago and I'm so truly blessed to have my mom, even though we had our years where she likely wanted to send me to boot camp (rightfully so). But that doesn't mean I don't get a little awkward during that whole "father/daughter" dance thing at weddings... *shrug* Anyway, I remember the days when it was weird to have lost a parent...and now it's not quite as weird...which makes me have one of those "I'm really a grown up, arent I?" moments we all have from time to time. Some of those are jubilant and exciting, while others, like this one, are kinda heavy...and that's okay.
So, I've been pretty busy and will definitely try to be better this week, but I've also not been in a blogging mood really.. Mind you, I haven't been in a bad mood..or even an introspective mood...just kinda didn't feel like setting time aside for you, dear blog. Back to normal soon...Until then, hope everyone's well in bloggidy land and had a fulfilling weekend. :) I'm just excited temps are above 20...for.reals. 40 is like a heat wave right now and I'm loving it...
Much love,
Jax
22 comments:
First and foremost...i've missed you!!! {{Hugs}}
Your blog layout looks great. Luv the lavender.
Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know how it feels...and for that i suppose i'm lucky. I'm glad to say though that she's lucky to have you as a friend to support her and relate to what she's going through right now. May the service be beautiful and bring out many wonderful stories of her father.
I've missed you too! My thoughts are with your dear friend L as she tries to cope with everything. I love your new layout!
I have missed you!!! I don't know where I've been but your new layout is ADORABLE!
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. What a great support system she has with you as a friend.
Awww hun! I hope you're feeling back to your normal, happy self soon! :)
I'll second everyone else's comments in that I missed your blogs :)
Next your friend is in my prayers I'm so glad she has friends like you to help her through what I'm sure is a difficult time. Hope to see you back soon.
I love your blog! I'm so sorry about your friend, hope you are doing a tiny bit better!
I totally feel you, this past week was crazy and I'm totally hoping this is the beginning of a much less stressful one for you too! That is such a hard thing that your friend is going through, but it sounds like you guys are really rallying around her.
P.S. Did I tell you already that this layout is beautiful?!
I have not felt like much blogging myself! Have missed ya though.
I miss my Mom too but often times don't say as people will think I am not so grown up...
I need a new layout myself, with a new banner using our new pics :)
Have a great week!
i've missed your pretty face lady!!
i am so sorry to hear about your friends father, thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. i'm glad your friend has you and so many other great friends to lean on. you are wonderful lady.
i hope you are having a good monday so far! :)
I miss you Jax! I know about being busy, I have been a bit busy too! I am glad that you got a space heater, that sounds like a funny coat story with your boy too!
On a serious note, sorry about your friend T. Definitely will be keeping that in my prayers.
Can't wait to see more updates - have a great week hun!
sorry about your friend -- my thoughts are with her!!
have a great week!
We all go through those little blog funks at times. so sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough week/weekend. I hope this week is a little easier on you! hugs sent your way today!
I miss your posts!
My thoughts are with you and L. I'm glad she has you to lean on!
Ive missed your blog! So sorry about your friends loss!
Sometimes a little bloggy break is nice!
Don't you worry, Jax! We'll all be waiting here for you when you get back into the groove. Enjoy your "free" time.
I'm glad you got home safely!!!! Enjoy your week!
Glad you're back! Praying for your friend!
It's good to have your darling self back! I am sorry about your friend... what a rough time, oh man, 10 years battling cancer is horrible!!
Don't worry about taking time away, sometimes thats what we all need! :) Hope you are having a good start to your week!
I feel so guilty blogging when super slammed, so we totally understand!!! Love the new layout BTW :) It's fabulous!
Love your new blog layout. Boo for funeral services. I had one this week also for my uncle. I've been totally slammed and am just now catching up.. reading this 6 days later. Good job, Jenny. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Post a Comment