Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Recap, etc :)

Thanks for the sweet comments on my last post, peeps.. :) I think I was/am needing a bit of a technology break or something... but I miss my blog too much to stay totally away. It can just get really overwhelming, right?!

Anyway, not in a super bloggidy mood tonight but wanted to post a pic anyway and some other stuff. :) My weekend was good! Eric and I had Mexican on Friday (enchiladas are good for my workout resolution, right? haha.. ) and then saw Youth in Revolt. Some little twit (I like the word twit) pulled the fire alarm and we had to evacuate the theater with like 2 min left in the movie. Sheeesh. But, no need to fret (I can tell you were really concerned). They started it right back up so we could see the end...and gave us two free movie tix...which Eric used to watch that horrible non-Twilight vampire movie out right now with his guy friend. I don't do mean Vampire movies. *shaking head furiously* I only do the Cullens. Hmph! :) haha... :)

Sunday night, Timberly, Ashley and I headed to Ciao for some food then off to a night at the theater (Timberly sent that in an email and I thought it sounded posh "night at the theater"...haha.. so I stole it and used it here). We had about three somewhat older usher people come down on us like we'd committed a serious crime by taking a photo, soooo this was the final pic and I'm sad Timbo isn't in it, but here are Ashley and me before the show w my camera on what I thought was a fun setting but actually messed it up...haha.. whatever. The show was super cute even though we were all pooped by the time it was over (Ashley, Jackie and Timberly=lamesauce on a Sunday night..haha)
And for some other business, I just signed up for the Simply Love Swap over at Katie's blog! I have no idea how she's teaching class, prepping for arrival of an adorable baby AND is running this swap, but I totally dug her scarf swap and this sounds just as fun. :) Plus, I can always use a pick me up in February as it seems to drag on...and on... (as some of my good friends on here can agree with, I know).
Loves of Life

And a fellow Tulsan, college friend, and sorority sista has joined the blogging world! Pop by and say hello if you get a chance! Amanda is at Josserand Family Happenings!

And if you're in need of an "awwww" moment or a pick me up and love pups as much as me, check out this video from Oklahoma City. A firemen is rescuing a dog from a frozen lake when another dog comes to give him a little help out of the water.. A.dorable. :) Takes a min or so to buffer. View it here!

Anyway, hope you're having a great week so far and you saw the craziness on the Bachelor tonight. She's a hussy...whoa em gee... haha.. I need a life. Whatever.

24 comments:

Lived With Love said...

thats a cute picture!! and what a meany for pulling the firealarm! lol! so annoying! xxx

Laura and Ryan said...

I can't believe that with the fire alarm! WTH? Cute pic though :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I gave you an award! it'll be up in a few minutes!

And if someone pulled the fire alarm in my movie i would have been Pisssssed! lol

Angela said...

So glad you liked Legally Blonde! And the dog video was precious. <3

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I recognize that picture in the background....you saw Legally Blonde! Fun! My friends and I happened to be in NYC the week it opened and snagged some tickets. It was pretty cute.

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

OMG I would have been so mad about the fire alarm!! Who does that? UGH! Very cutie picture though!
xo
Blair

The Undomestic Mom said...

What? Thats nuts that someone pulled the fire alarm! Love your pic! And the dog video!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I'm just getting back to all of my blogs and, I have to say, it felt good to take a little break - sometimes it's overwhelming to be attached to the computer!!

Ginger said...

OMG I cannot wait to see Legally Blonde my hubs and I are going to see it on Sunday night!!

Mrs. H said...

OMG...I love the dog video! Thanks for letting us know abou the Simply Love Swap - I will have to check out!

Anonymous said...

Love the pup video! We've got great firefighters here in OKC!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I loved Youth in Revolt! Michael Cera is a cutie patootie (in that nerd sort of way). Thanks for mentioning the Simply Love Swap, I will definitely go check it out!

Christa said...

Cute blog!! I'm a new follower!!

Annie said...

what an adorable video!!
i can't believe someone pulled the alarm, what a bummer!! a little jealous you got to see legally blonde! glad the show was good!
hope you are having a good day today sweet gal!! :)

Lauryl Lane said...

What a little twit. I like that word, too. Right now I officially hate kids, I'll tell you more about it over email some time. ;-) And... I don't remember an Amanda Josserand in college- guessing she was older? Hmm. Or maybe I'm getting too old to remember things properly. Totally possible. xoxo

Alison said...

What!? Can't believe someone would pull the fire alarm during a movie. I'd be super pissed!

Jennifer said...

You guys look super cute. Oh by the way I LOVE that Mexican restaurant in Jenks you mentioned the other day. My parents eat there all the time. Yummy

Jason said...

You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

j.sterling said...

you are so cute i want to put you in my pocket and take you places with me. lol :)

Sierra said...

Glad you had a fun Mexicana time with your man and that pic and your friend is super cute! Yeah, Bachelor drama rama, glad that girl is off off the show!

How fun with the V-day swap! I am doing one too if you want to do double giveaway. :) More details at my blog, xo!

Llama said...

I want to go to see a show so badly!!! Looks like a blast!! I have to check out the swap it looks like so much fun!

Jen said...

You are too cute - So glad you liked Legally Blonde! I honestly LOVED it!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

The Bachelor was insane!!! Next week looks pretty crazy too! Cute pic of you!

Jenny DB said...

oooh what an adorable video!!! and awesome link love on the love swap:)