Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Soooo Thurs after my spin class o fun, I took my very sore rear end and headed to McNellies for some food and a few beers with my United W@y peeps! :)


These two kept me sane.. "my peeps" if you will. Love them! :) We called ourselves the "A" team in our little corner handling Industry & General Business accounts.. :) I need a tan. *le sigh* (mentally repeating healthyskinismoreimportant... hmph)
8:00 am Sat morning, the alarm went off at Eric's casa.. at 8:20ish (haha), I climbed out of bed and got dressed to meet Rachel (in black sweater in pic above!) for our first run w/ Runners W0rld in Tulsa! 5K here we come! :)

I look sleepy....haha...And yes..note Eric got up with me (this picture didn't take itself obviously) and even made my blinky mcblinkerson self some toast...*smiles* I invited him to the 5K training, but he opted to support me instead.. haha.. :) (He has a really bad knee, so he bikes)
Rachel and me in our "before" pic.. as in before the 5K in March! :) This was after we ran on riverside with the group in light rain in like 40 degrees. We're hard core.. haha.. okay okay, but let me think so. ;) They said 85 peeps signed up and about 50 showed up. (It's a free program!). So, they split us in two groups and off we went...
Then headed to Jenny's for a Pampered Chef party. :) I ordered a cook book and some other stuff. Hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right?


Sarah looks really interested...
Baby Parker loves Pampered Chef...cant you tell?
Sarah and our hostess, Jenny :)
"these tongs look like weapons" Yes, we're very mature.
Reasons to not leave us alone with fun kitchen tools... (no this wasn't a knife or anything sharp. obviously.)
Sat night was some girls time-sushi with Timberly (Y-U-M) and then Oscars with some of the girls. :) No pics.. I dunno why... *shrugs*


Then headed to Eric's and he wanted to watch The Hurt Locker.. I had no idea what it was but groaned something like "waaarrrr movvvie? ew..." haha...But, I found myself getting engrossed pretty quickly. Yeah, it's a war movie, but it's won all kinds of awards b/c uh.. it's good. It's about a bomb squad in Baghdad... Anyway, good story. We watched it on his apple tv, but I noticed it's in the theater here now, too... Hmmm.. Strange. Whatevs...
Sunday, lazed around with that guy I date ;), grabbed some uber healthy breakfast together (lies, but it was goooooood. anything good should be healthy.. haha) and then headed in to work to get some stuff done in prep to leave manana...


The week includes a meeting in Norman starting tomorrow, hopefully back in time to hit up the TU v ORU bball game Wed, then who knows! :) Right now just hoping the meeting goes well. :) Maybe blog from the hotel. :) Til then, hope you had a great weekend and if you're reading this Monday, hope your week is starting off well!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

You not tan...you look fabulous!!! Brush on a little bronzer like i do and out the door :)
Healthy & safe...Lol

Look at you in your running gear. I say it over and over again...I DO NOT RUN...so you my lovely friend i admire. And baby Parker, he's such a cutie. He's at the party for the food...ya know when he's hungry he'll be sure to let you know.

Have a wonderful week!!! You must blog from the hotel if you have time...we'll miss you if you don't, but we'll definitely understand too. {{Hugs}}

Brown Girl said...

Haha, way to make Pampered Chef a violent neck slashing party. LOL. Go you for getting up to get your run on, I was doing the same!

Ashley said...

You are too cute with your running gear! Hard core! :) Looks like you had a fun weekend. I have never been to a Pampered Chef party before, but I hear they are so fun and have some of the coolest stuff for the kitchen!

Unknown said...

Gosh d I need a tan as well! Fun weekend!

Llama said...

THat looks like so much fun! I need to try a workout like THAT!

Just Add Walter said...

I am going to a pampered chef party too... now I know what to expect!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Those Pampered Chef pics are too darn funny! My friends and I are equally mature : ) Congrats on putting on the running gear and hitting the pavement for that 5K, especially on a Saturday. That's some dedication!

Have a great Monday and safe travels to Norman!

Kerri said...

Loreal Sublime Bronze lotion will fix the winter whites in no time! I gave up tanning in the tb in June so this stuff has got me through the hard months! :)

katandkarl said...

1. Running in the rain always makes me feel SUPER hard core. LIKE I am woman HARD CORE.

2. the photo of jenny and sarah and the knife slashing makes me real happy.

Lived With Love said...

oh i love your figure jax!! how many times a week do you workout? xxxx

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Gooooooooooo Jax, Go!! (This is me cheering from the sidelines, ha!!)

Jennifer said...

I am super excited you are going to start running as I really want a Tulsa running buddy! So glad you came on Saturday!

Megan Ashley said...

Love the dedication, spin classes and training! Good for you :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Fun weekend! I have heard great things about The Hurt Locker!

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! Good for you for the running - how do you look so cute that early in the morning!? How do you make a pampered chef party so fun haha!

Laura and Ryan said...

Looks like fun! You are awesome for running!

Annie said...

so many cute pics!
the baby is adorable!!!
glad you had such a great weekend hun!
yay for running! i just started running again myself. i missed it. i hope to run at least 3 days a week now. 5k is my current limit, maybe i can do better than that in a few months ;)
have a great week pretty girl!! XO!

Stephanie said...

I found your blog on Loves of Life, and I totally totally dig it.

Duane Fernandez said...

love the redesign. we want to watch hurt locker, will probably do that this week.

Windy City Kelley's said...

I can't wait to start running again after the little bean is born. I never thought I'd say this but I actually miss it!

JAMIE said...

Oh my gosh! A 5K?! How awesome are you?!

Sierra said...

Way to go girlie! I am so super proud of you...looks like you had an amazing weekend!

The Undomestic Mom said...

you look too cute in your workout gear! looks like a fun weekend!