Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My dog is getting fat.

(this is random, so I'm giving it headers)
****fat dog***
She really is. I blame the cold weather making that person who walks her (aka me) extuuuhreeemly reluctant to take her on long walks. She now doesnt even try to jump on the bed. She just puts her front legs up and looks at me pathetically til I pick her up. Nice. I really hope this doesn't mean I'm gonna be one of those moms with sumo kids on Oprah or Maury or whatever. "But little Susie WANTED 16 hot dogs.. and I didn't know how to make her stop crying!" lol! Okay, that's not funny.

***Work****
Anyway... one of my co workers has a favorite coffee/tea mug. It's faded and severely stained. Another coworker opted to play a prank in the way of taking said funky mug and encasing it in a jello mold.... haha.. It took him the entire day to figure out 'who done it.' Yes, this is apparently how easily we're entertained at work. I love it.
***I drive a lot***
I've come to realize I've put over 13 thousand miles on my car in the first year of ownership...and it's never even left the city limits.. Wait.. no.. it went to OKC once. But uh.. really.. That's what a commute does, I suppose. :( I don't mind the commute, but I've had weeks lately where I have to run back and forth for meetings and whatnot lately. Just starts to add up with gas and mileage! Goodness!

***buh buy February***
Since this is completely random, I'll go with it. Guys, I am SO glad this is the last week of February. I doubt it'll warm up a ton, but there's something about March that IMPLIES warmth. haha.. :) And well, I dont like February. Granted, Marla and I found out awesomesauce house in February and I'm so pumped to move in!!

***Appliances***
Ps. we need to buy a fridge.

ATTN LOCAL FRIENDS: if you have an extra or know someone who does, we're willing to purchase said fridge or even borrow it if you don't want to completely relinquish said appliance.

****Work (again)****
Other business: Work.is.bananas. lately. Ever feel like you just can't get an assignment off your desk before another shows up...that shoulda been done yesterday.. or at least that's what the person would have preferred (shoulda gotten it to me yesterday then. just sayin.). haha.. Anyway, I think everyone's just busy.. but wow.. Is this just me? Are you slammed too? I've taken next Friday off to leave for Memphis with Eric and his fam to go see TU play. :) This excites me to no end b/c (1) I REALLY (really really REALLY) want a day off and (2) I've never been to Memphis and (3) it'll be MARCH! and (4) I've been in the mood to get outta town and (5) I enjoy Eric and fam on roadtrips. :)

****television*****
And finally, I was going to blog about a couple of my fav tv shows and then got all berserk busy and jazz. But I woulda blogged about Lost. And I'm gonna say this after tonight's ep: I NEED ANSWERS. I've been patient. I've been reading all the blogs, theories, etc. But, c'mon.. I need more. I neeeeeeeeed something more than "he's not locke.. he's my friend.." Really? REALLY? Come.on. *sigh* And did you see the Bachelor last night?! Rozalyn= cuuuhrazy beast! Whoa.

Yeah, that's all. Sorry for those few minutes of your life you won't get back. Hope you're having a rocktastic week, blog peeps! XOXO!

23 comments:

mommywonderland said...

Your so cute! I loved the title and all your ramblings!

Laura and Ryan said...

I love this post! The mug in jello is awesome..I love that episode of the office :)

Jennifer said...

It's really sad that all I thought when I saw the picture was "MMMM Jello. That looks yummy."

hahaha

Brittany said...

I feel the same about neglecting my pup and not walking her lol. She's become about as lazy as I have. March is a new month though :-) Hoping my case of the Februaries doesn't carry over into March.

The jello mug is hilarious. What a funny idea lol. Did you ever tell him who did it??

Rozalyn was a terrible mess on the Women Tell All. I laughed while watching her try to defend herself :-)

Candace said...

the title of this post seriously made me laugh out loud! Gracie is the cutest pup I have EVER seen, so I don't think it would matter if she put on a few lbs.

I am SOOO glad you and Marla found a house! I can't wait to see pictures--I am sure it is totally adorable!

I am glad you are giong to get to do a little road trip--you deserve a little vacay!

annnddd --I am so with you --February is for the birds. YAY for March :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't walked my dogs either lately-it so freakin' cold! And I heard today we might get snow Friday, Sunday and next Wednesday! What is up with Oklahoma weather this year?!?!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Ok the coffee cup in jello is hilarious! The people I work with are NOT fun and wouldn't find this amusing in the least. I need to work where you do!

And other than going outside to potty, my dog hasn't been on walk since, oh....november? He's kind of lazy though and really doesn't care...haha.

Angela said...

See, this is one of those times I wish I was still in Tulsa. We have an extra fridge just sitting in our garage! Granted, it's white and not super stylish but it's just sitting there and you could totally just have it. Too bad I'm 2 hours away!

Jamie Pickle said...

Hahaha, that jello mold with the coffee mug is hilarious!

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

YAYYYYY for February finally coming to an end! I think it just might be my least favorite month, for real. Your puppy is not the only one getting chunky, so am I! Or at least I feel that way : )

It's been SOOOO hard to get myself out of the house/office to the gym because that whole 30 second walk from the car to the entrance of the fitness center is brutally cold and uncomfortable. Warm weather and sunny days couldn't get here soon enough!

Unknown said...

I think you hit a note on everything lady. Luv it ♥

That jello enclosed mug...hahaha :)-

Good luck on your search for a fridge.

Lauryl Lane said...

Last night's LOST episode was soooo disappointing. We were both like, "what? that's it?" UGH. Time to move this party along, people! ;-)

Brittany Ann said...

That has to be the best work prank ever!

Kristen said...

Random ramblings are the best...
I have a fat animal... One of my cats is "bariatric." I used to call him slothlike or fatty McFatterstein... but then I thought it might help his self-esteem if I used the proper term. So he's "bariatric." We're working on it...
And the jell-o mold cup... classic. Totally something I would have done at my old job... hahahaha.

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I am so glad to be finally catching up on you, girl! :) I love the jello, I started laughing out loud when I saw that! And my doggie is getting a little "thick" as well.

Jen said...

Thie title of this post made me laugh so hard because I keep saying Batman is getting fat! And of course it's totally our fault - but now maybe it really is just the typical winter pounds that will shed away with the nicer weather! I left you an award on my blog tonight :)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

The jello mug is HILARIOUS!!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

My dog is getting quite chunky too. I can't wait for warmer, sunnier days so we can visit the dog park.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

The jello mug - awesome!!! And we all need a little extra "padding" in the winter. I'm sure your dog will shed it like the rest of us once bathing suit season rolls around!

And so random but I'll be in Memphis next weekend too! My grandparents live there (its where my mom grew up too) so she and I are flying a red eye from Seattle on Thursday and getting in Friday morning! I'm so excited for some good BBQ!!

Sierra said...

Ohhh hopefully when it gets warmer you will be able to help your fat animal. ;)

Glad you can provide free entertainment at work, I do that too. :)

I drive a lot as well - my car sadly has 27,000 miles and it is only 2 years old, so I understand your pain a bit!

Glad you are doing well sweetie - I too can't wait for Spring!

Llama said...

Awww your poor doggy! I hope the warm weather will get her moving more!
Hopefully things at work become less hectic...although hectic days make the day go faster! Hope you have a great weekend!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

A Jim Halpert wannabe is welcome with me any day. LOVE the jello prank. It never gets old!

Iva Messy said...

lol you are super cute!!!