Monday, March 15, 2010

Moving.

I'm officially at that stage of packing.. You know.. THAT stage... where you're asking yourself "how does everything collect so much dust even on the back of it?! I'm a clean person dangit!" and "where the heck did I get all this stuff?" and "aw crap I'm gonna need more boxes." Blah.

So, I'm sorry I'm comment neglectful this week, peeps. I'm a leetle overwhelmed. or a lot overwhelmed. I HAVE to get packed by Friday even though I'm moving Sunday b/c I have a friend's housewarming party Friday night, followed by Sarah's little guy, Landen's, one year bday party Saturday (it's bug themed! adorable!) followed by a wedding followed by the Black Eyed Peas concert, both also on Saturday. I'm so excited but whoa em gee what a busy weekend.

Anyway, here are some pics from the run Saturday morning!

This is my little running group. We're the rogue runners from the larger couch to 5K group.. haha...We didnt think 8:30 am way across town sounded like a fun idea once it was gross and drizzly outside on a Saturday soooo we'd meet at 10am at a location closer to our houses. :)
See Rachel and me waving?! haha! We're all lined up for our first 5K!
Annnnnnd we're finishing it!
My awesome friend Rachel and me after the race! We trained together and we finished together. :)
Finished and immediately saw Blaze! We both resolved at New Years to do a 5K and we both did it by March! yeehaw!
Eric put down the CPA books to come out in the cold and support lil ol me. (and he took most of the pics you see here). :) He's awesomesauce....and this girl surrounded by moving boxes knows it. :) (Ps doesnt his hood look superimposed or something?)
Mimosas and brunch with my running peeps! (yes, I was pretending to drink the entire carafe. Apparently 5Ks make me think I'm funny. I dunno).
I took some hilarious pics of Beth, Marla and me painting, but I haven't even downloaded them yet...

23 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

Wow! Good for you! I remember doing my first 5k after finishing Couch to 5k about a year and a half ago... such a feeling of accomplishment. Now it sounds exhausting... haha. Good luck on the move this weekend! xoxo

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are such a doll! Good luck with the moving and your overwhelmingly busy weekend!! Doing it all :)

Lived With Love said...

Well done jax!! such an achievement!! xxx

Brittany Ann said...

I love that you ran a 5K AND did it in shamrock earrings!

Patience said...

Congrats on finishing your first 5k.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Ugh. I loathe packing/moving. I can usually tell which boxes got packed last because it's a bunch of random crap just thrown together! Congrats on the 5K...what an accomplishment!

Stacia said...

Congrats girl! If I run a 5k I plan on a mimosa i.v. lol

Laura and Ryan said...

Great job! You are so cute in your baseball cap!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

You look so cute!! Congrats again!

KatiePerk said...

Way to go!! That is fabulous!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I HATE packing!!

Sierra said...

Congrats on the 5K girlie - so proud of you and you look so pretty too! :) Ha ha go you for gulping up the drink or trying to that is.

Hope moving goes okay. I know how time consuming that is!

Lyryn said...

Great job on the 5k! Awesome!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Great job!
I have never seen anyone look that CUTE doing a 5k...you worked it!

Come enter my giveaway!

xo
Blair

Brittany said...

That's so awesome! Congrats to you on finishing your first 5k :-) I'm really hoping to do one by summer.

Ashley said...

Congrats on your first 5K and good luck with moving!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 5k! That's incredible! Hope your moving chaos subsides soon! :)

Brown Girl said...

Congrats, that looked like a great time! Moving blows but good luck!

Just Add Walter said...

congrats on your big finish!! you look great -- love all the green!

Candace said...

so proud of you! it only took you 3 short months to reach this goal! YOU = AWESOME!!!

Jamie Pickle said...

Congrats on completing the 5K. That is awesome.
Good luck packing!

Anonymous said...

nice work!! I'm contemplating the 5K thing- but right now it seems too scary and painful. I can make it about 0.3mi without needing my inhaler and/or a walk break at this point... so we'll see how she goes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love the St. Patricks Day themed race wear!