Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Decision Made.

First, thank you guys for all your great support via comments, etc. :) Second, I made a decision. I have accepted a position with another company here in town after almost three years with my current job. Will leaving be hard? You have no idea. Is it the right decision? I sure hope so. Will it be good for my career? Again, I sure hope so. Am I scared as hell? Duh.

My team at work is like my family in many regards so this was definitely not something I decided easily. The longer story is to follow, but let me just say the support I've gotten from my work family is incredible...which makes me feel flattered...but also horribly sad. :( They're such good people and I'm going to miss them so much... *sigh* The one person I wanted to talk to more than anything was my supervisor. I mean.. you're not going to find that everywhere.. The one person's opinion you value...as a mentor.. more than pretty much anyone else's is YOUR BOSS?! Yeah. I am very fortunate to have such an outstanding friend, mentor, and supervisor in her b/c she totally understood where I was coming from with the opportunity. From there, I sighed a huge sigh of relief and moved forward.

Once I made the decision, I felt like I'd done the right thing in my gut. But when I started to drive home, the tears came...and didnt stop til I reached my house. I sincerely hope this isn't goodbye to the people people that have grown to mean so much to me over the past three years... I don't think it is at all though. Sooooo for the next couple weeks, I'm tying up loose ends and will likely be a somewhat emotional blogger. Just a warning.... So thank you for your positive thoughts and comments, peeps. I really appreciate you. More updates to come. Oh and I'm excited!! Guess I should mention that obvious fact! haha! Despite being sad about leaving where I've been, I'm definitely excited for this new opportunity! :)

In the meantime, I'm headed to watch Bon Jovi perform tonight with one of my good friends I met during my time at the United Way. :)

23 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats on accepting a new job :-) I'm sure the family you have at your current job will continue to support you when you leave. Hope you enjoy seeing Bon Jovi! How awesome :-)

Simply Me said...

I did exactly what you just did... well I didn't leave for a new position as I'm still currently unemployed... but they were that exact thing for me. I guess Im just as terrified to get a new job thinking what if I get stuck with the looney bins and hate my work environment. You don't appreciate the sweet half as much without the sour that I know!
Congrats darlin, you have earned it! :)

JennyLee said...

Good luck on your new adventure!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Congrats, sweet girl!! I know this will be an emotional couple of weeks, but you know in your gut that you made the right decision. We all believe in you!!

meredith said...

just read a few posts to catch up! congrats and good luck! making the right decision is a great feeling!

Brittany Ann said...

It's hard to leave a place you've invested in! I handed in my resignation Monday and it about broke my heart! And I don't even like my boss!

Angela said...

Congrats Jackie!!

Annie said...

oh honey, it sounds like you went with your heart. and it's okay to get upset about it. you made the decision that is best for you. you are the important one :)
congrats on the new job hun!!
happy for you!!
enjoy the rest of your week.....knowing you made the right decision!
*hugs*

Kelly and Sara said...

Congrats! Glad everyone is supporting you. I can imagine how hard that must be. Good Luck!

New to the blog world, follow us at:
http://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

CONGRATS on the new job!!! YAAAAY!!!!

xo
Blair

Windy City Kelley's said...

Good for you. It will be hard on the last day but I'm sure you'll stay in touch with your old co-workers.

S said...

Your gut is normally the most reliable source. Good Luck Doll!

melissa said...

i was wondering about what you were deciding... so glad you got it figured out. and, good for you, for it meaning so much to you. there's not a lot of people who would give so much consideration to what a company has given THEM rather than what they've given. good for you, jax. and best of luck in your next gig!!! :) xo

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your decision I'm sure it will work out great. Although change is hard, it so often opens so many new doors!

Alison said...

Congrats on making the decision and on your new job! Very exciting!!

Chatty Fattie said...

I am SO proud of my over achieving friend! I know this can't have been an easy decision, but I also know that you can pretty much do anything when you want to. Don't forget you're awesome.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

CONGRATS to you!! Oh my gosh that is so exciting! I'm sure that whenever I leave my current job it will be hard to, but you have to do whats best for yourself. Can't wait to hear more about it. yay!!!

Lindsey said...

Whooo hooo!! Good for you!

Stacia said...

CONGRATS Jackie! It's sad to leave but you will meet a new family as well :)

Jenny DB said...

WELL Congrats on making a decision and keep us posted and hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's so exciting :) Leaving the comfort of your job is soooo scary...it's probably time for me to move onto something else, but it's weird to think about leaving. Anyway, good luck at the new job!

Laura and Ryan said...

It's going to be a new adventure and some of the hardest changes I've gone through have been the most worth it in the end...

Sierra said...

I'm glad your decision worked out for you and it is understandable that you are emotional, you are leaving behind people that you have loved to work with. I know the new opportunity is going to be amazing for you. Just take one step at a time girl!