Saturday, I took one look at our yard and thought "no. just no." Soooo I got to work. I raked about 6 bags of leaves. Six. Then, I went and bought flowers and planted some around our porch. I picked out some icky weeds, too. Overall, it looks like I did nothing.. haha.. Dontya hate that? 4 hours later and the average person wouldn't even notice. *le sigh* But, I notice. And that's what matters. I dont want to have the icky yard on a block of well-manicured lawns and flowers. No thanks. Hmph! :)
Then, I came inside and baked cookies! No, you have not switched blogs accidentally. It's me.. baking. :) I baked oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Yummmmmo! Timberly was kind enough to share a family recipe so I could have some fabulous treats for Eric's family lunch on Easter. :) This whole having a big kitchen thing is um.. fabulous. (Marla and I even made dinner together last night!)
Saturday night, Mexican food with Eric and my friend, Corona with lime...and The Green Zone movie. Green Zone= 3.5 stars in my opinion. I like Matt Damon and it was just enough conspiracy to keep me interested.
Sunday, headed out to Eric's family's lunch at his parents house which was fabulous! I really dig his fam in case I havent said so a hundred times on here before.. haha.. They're a great, fun group and I always have a blast with them. It's so flattering and nice to feel so included. :) His parents even had an Easter egg hunt for us... Eric won the contest, but I keep accusing him of cheating somehow. ;) Then, I headed to a late lunch/early dinner with my mom! :) Eric had to work so he couldnt come.. :( Mom brought me some spring flowers... adorable, right... :) She's kinda awesome like that... :) We used to go to the lake every Easter, but since it's just the two of us, that tradition has ceased unless one of us really wants to go...
We had a good time just chatting and whatnot. She came over to see the new casa, too! :) (the pic of the flowers was taken in our kitchen)And about the new casa... roomie and I are getting along great! We had a blast together... But, there are quite a few times we get kinda passive aggressive and it's really humorous. I mean.. not at the time, but in retrospect. We havent discussed our passive aggressiveness b/c it doesnt need to be discussed... Why the hell are females so passive aggressive?! And I dont even think I'm that bad! Like really. But, I know I do it. Yet, I'm like 95% less passive aggressive with Eric. I just tell him what I'm thinking. Men are so much easier b/c they roll with stuff. Chicks get that look.. you know.. THAT look.. of "I'm pissed off but I'm going to act like I'm not..." haha... Anyway, I'll spare the stories, but they're kinda funny...
I hope you had a great Easter weekend, everyone! :)
17 comments:
Haha you are funny! I'm glad you're had a great Easter! And I'm glad the house stuff is going well. We gardened a little and I feel like it looks the same way to everyone else!! oh well...
I love the black and white kitchen-super cute!
I also spent hours on the yard the past few days and it.look.like.nothing.was.touched. Oh well!
the flowers are so pretty!! the kitchen looks cute :) you have to show us more of your new place!!
you can also share the funny stories about you and the roomie...if you wanna ;)
glad you had a good easter weekend hun!!
Onto the yard...i bet it looks GREAT!!!
That is what i will be tackling this weekend. I took one look at the dried up buds and thought UGHHH...it needs color :)
Look at those beautiful pink flowers you got. Gorgeous-Gorgeous! Have a wonderful week hun.
My roommates and I are SO passive aggressive, I can't wait when I live with BK because life is so much easier! It's nice that I have my own room because I can just escape which makes situations like this a bit easier to handle.
Sounds like you had a nice Easter, those flowers are beautiful!
Glad you are all settled into your place though, that must be a nice relief! :)
does your roomie read your blog? cuz i REALLY want passive agressive stories. www.passiveaggressivenotes.com is one of my favs!!!
PS pretty flowers!!!
Yup. Guys are 8 million times easier than girls. ;-) Happy belated easter!
Sounds like a nice little weekend you had there Jax!! And I'm in the same boat with the whole lawn clean-up. I'll spend hours and it won't look like I got a damn thing done. But hey, at least I get some color on my cheeks:)
Haha, I love the "eggcellent" word. You're a funny gal.
Sounds like you had quite the busy weekend!
The flowers your mom bought you are so pretty! And your kitchen looks pretty cute from the picture.
Too bad you spared us the stories because I'm sure it would have been a good laugh lol. Glad you're getting along with your new roomie though!
So glad to hear that things will the roomie are going well...although i know what you mean about guys and girls! That is why i live with my boyfriend now hehe! Those cookies sound so delish could you share the recipe? :)
Girls are so passive aggresive! I know that I'm guilty of it! :)
I loves this post. We can be so bitchy! Hahaha
I also loved it. Jeesh
pretty flowers! my roommate and I are the same way with the passive aggresive-ness. usually we end up calling each other out making fun of each other after a few glasses of wine!
That's so sweet of your mom!
Girl, I lived with 4 girls one year and that was too much estrogen for me! What is funny is that we just all got over the drama about as fast as it occurred. You just have to roll with it...you live with 'em! haha!
It's so funny...in our house I'm the one that lays it all out when I'm mad and the hubs is the passive aggressive one who pretends he's not. He's a chick. Ah ha ha. Your kitchen looks fabulous!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! So glad things at the new place are going well! And so glad its Friday!!!
Post a Comment