So, the announcements have all been made and I'm working toward my final date here at this office. Wow. I don't want to get too emotional b/c well.. I imagine that's coming in one massive blog (preparing/warning you now...) I've noticed this is all in stages..
1. Am I really doing this?
2. Holy crap, I just did this!
3. I'm excited... but why am I still crying?
4. I'm not crying anymore.. but what the hell have I done?
5. I'm excited...I think.... Right? Maybe I'm numb AND excited. Yeah. That's it.
Anyway, my friends up here and I are planning to stage a couple fun photos in my office for me to frame at my new place on my desk. Kinda like looking at your old desk while at your new desk.. :) Being an only child, I'm a HUGE relationship former, etc, so I often use relationships with friends, etc, to help me transition better into large changes in my life...so making funny memories in picture form might be good for me! :)
Thanks so much for all the kudos on the bloggidy about my decision. It's scary, but having all the support makes it better. I'm sorry I haven't gotten a chance to thank each one of you personally. I don't have access to personal email at work and frankly, using my last couple weeks to email friends might not be looked highly upon.. haha.. Just sayin. And I've been emotionally exhausted in the evenings. I've had some things going on, but then just come home and pass the hell out.
I already have so many ideas for the new job and that's invigorating! I'm pretty careful to not write deets about where I work or what I'm doing after this b/c well...this is the internet and that's weird.. haha.. But, I'll try to write down as much as I can about some of my projects and stuff! (and you can pretend to care if you want.. haha)
This weekend, I'm co-hostessing a baby shower for my good friend, Ashley! I just adore her and her awesome little baby bump! So there will be plenty of pics headed your way on Sunday. Tomorrow night, my other friend, Carrie, is getting married, so even more fun pics. :)
I hope everyone's gearing up for a great weekend... I know I need some sleeeeeeep this weekend more than anything....and I need to put my dresser together that I bought at Ikea last weekend. I opened the package, saw that it included 47 screws and said "not today."
6 comments:
Wow, congrats on the new job, I'm behind! Those kind of decisions are tough, I hate being a grown up. Enjoy the baby shower this weekend!
Why are you putting together your dresser by the way?? Isn't that what E is for?!
Ya for the new job hun ;)
Looking forward to hearing about all those new...FUN projects headed your way. I know you'll do a wonderful job.
Those pics sound hysterical. A definite MUST-DO for the transition. It will make you feel more comfortable too i'm sure seeing them.
Have a wonderful weekend filled with friends and putting together your dresser. Miss ya!!!
Glad you are so excited for the new job! I think it's such a cute idea to take some pictures of your old work to make you smile at your new work :)
I'm way behind on reading and commenting from my travels-so CONGRATS on your new job! I'm so happy for you!
Best of luck with your new job. I'm sure you will do great! <3
Hope you had a nice weekend and that's a good idea with the new photos. I love having photos in my office! XO!
Post a Comment