Monday, April 26, 2010

Ironic.

I find the following ironic:

I used to go to the bathroom at the law firm, lock myself in a stall and stand there in business attire my for a good minute til I'd finished blotting tears, taken some deep breaths and harnessed my chi.

I did that b/c I was miserable and had either had my feelings hurt, didn't feel like I'd done a good job, or pretty much questioned what I was even doing working there.

I wasn't really sad when I left there, even though there are some good people there.

I just found myself in the bathroom, harnessing my chi, blotting a few tears, and taking a couple deep breaths.

But this time, it's b/c I just said goodbye to one of my fav people up here b/c he won't be in tomorrow, aka my last day.

I just found that incredibly ironic. Oh how much things have changed in just three years, right?

(warning: this likely isnt the last melodramatic blog of the week....) :)

And then as a bit of randomness, my coworker just walked in and said "You know what? I dont like the scent of coconut in a car..." haha.. WHAT? and just like that, I was laughing hysterically.

18 comments:

Mateya said...

It's okay to be upset over leaving great co-workers. When I left my last job I bawled like a baby and hugged everyone like I was never going to see them again. I do still see some of them every so often and there are 2 ladies that I meet for lunch every week. Consider yourself lucky to have been blessed with great co-workers. You can always keep in touch and who knows how great the new ones will be!

care said...

thankfully this is a sure sign things have changed for a the better :)

and my makeup artist told me that if you start to feel tears welling up in your eyes you should just blink-blink-blink-blink and your eyes will most likely clear of tears. just in case you wanted to do less of the blotting part!

Windy City Kelley's said...

It will get easier and I'm sure you'll keep in touch with the co-workers you're leaving!

Meredith said...

I like this one a lot. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're having to say goodbye!

Lauryl Lane said...

So happy that you're in a happy place- loving your work & the people you work with is SO important. Especially to your sanity. xoxo

meredith said...

i'm going to be in your shoes in three short months... i haven't told my boss yet and i'm kind of nervous and don't know how to handle it. sorry you're going through this!

Brittany said...

Aww, it's good to be sad about things that make you HAPPY though! I'm sorry you have to leave a place you enjoy so much. I hope the new job can make you half as happy as your previous one did!! Best of luck :-)

Brittany Ann said...

Even though I have no qualms about leaving my current job in six weeks, too, I still cried, too. I think it's natural!

nicole said...

I was heartbroken to leave my job for my new one a few weeks ago - there were lots and lots of tears in the bathroom - although I never really thought about how ironic it is that normally I'm in that bathroom crying because I'm frustrated with a coworker. Hang in there, a new adventure awaits!

Laura and Ryan said...

It's so hard to go through big changes. I am so nostalgic and sometimes things seem so different from the other side. Either way...lessons learned. Have a great first day!

Kelz World said...

aww i think its great that things have changed so much for you! it just means you are moving up and on, which isnt bad. you just need to keep in contact with them and those friendships will grow and the new ones you make will be that much better because of it! i am proud of you!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

It gets easier the more times you do it. Believe me, last summer I had like 5 straight days in a row of saying good bye to people. It sucks. Stock up on the tissues. But know it really does get better.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I am so excited for you and your new job! I can't wait to read all about it!!

Hannah said...

Aw...happy tears?! Your new job will have great people too!!

Mrs. H said...

Change SUCKS with a capital S! haha But we all have to remember that with change comes greater things!

Sierra said...

Awww, I am sorry you have to say goodbye but you get to say hello to a new beginning!

Lauren said...

It's nice to hear that I am not the only one who has stood in the ladies room trying to pull myself together! Hang in there :)