* the new place has just as many acronyms as my last place...which I totally didnt feel was possible. However, they have some acronyms which are the same letters but mean vastly different things. Jax=confused. Do I need a new chair? That's an FSR=facilities service request. Do I need access to social media? That's a DSR=database service request. *eyes wide in confusion* ;) haha.. Corporate acronyms are comical.
* Did I mention Eric works where I'm now working? I dont think I did. He's 8 floors away and we wouldnt even see each other unless we tried, so it's not a big thing. But, today I may have accused him of inviting me to lunch out of pity b/c I had no other plans. Yeah, I did. And no, I dont know where it came from b/c he was being nice. I think I just need sleep before he starts thinking I'm as crazy as my dog likely does.
* I'm disappointed that there are no lemon poppyseed muffins in the cafe...or at least there weren't today. Yeah, this matters. Whatever.. ;) (but there WAS pepsi. Yeeeeah-yuh!)
* I was packed with meetings today which was great, but also exhausting... That said, I was pulled in to some cool projects...always a bonus....and everyone's super nice! :)
* The security guy at the front of the (majorly huge) building is a nazi! It's almost comical. There are stories of him making people get visitor badges for their 2 month old...(the only reason it's "almost" comical is b/c I'm confident I will forget my badge someday and he'll be angry at me and likely frighten me)
* My boss has been kinda busy this week, so I haven't really been walked around the floor to meet a lot of people.. which is totally okay...but it's weird b/c there are a lot of people on my floor. So, when I see someone, I just auto-introduce. But, now I'm kinda like "crap, have I met him/her?" I just smile like I have... It's funny.
* I'm digging it so far, but I'm ready to be out of the newbie awkwardness. Granted, I know it's a great time to take in as much info as I can before I get things really rolling, so that's a bonus. I'm loving having the time to actually meet people and familiarize myself with things so hopefully I wont feel as "newbie" soon. :)
* Had a happy hour with some friends from my former jobbie and had a lot of laughs... Good times.. I feel really confident about staying in touch with people which eases a lot of my worry even though I miss them. Gawd, I'm such a girl. haha...
TGIF, blogfriends. I'll play catch up with ya'll soon!
13 comments:
new jobs are mad awkward, i need to find a new one and i'm nervous! best wishes!
Oh those corporate acronyms are the worst! We can't even say a sentence at work without having 1 or 2 acronyms in there! Happy Friday girly!
hahah I blame hubs for doing things out of pitty ALLLL the time! ... maybe I should stop. And I completely think it's crazy that little babies get visitor passes... they do that here too! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Glad everything is going so well and you are keeping in touch with your old co-workers...so fun!
My job has to be the acronym leader in the professional world. It's ridiculous... I actually caught myself sending out an email made up almost entirely of acronyms. I felt so ridiculous. And the sad thing is, I know what they refer too, but I don't always know what they stand for. Pathetic.
glad you are liking the new job :) love the security guy making a 2 month old get a visitor badge..who does that??!
I happy it's going well. The newbie label will be gone soon!
i also am trying to adjust to acronyms with my new client. they're notorious for them. they hardly ever actually speak in full sentences. my personal fave is our senior clients - brand managers - are called "BM"...that's just wrong.
i forget my security badge all the time. luckily the security guards just look around to be sure their boss isn't there and then subtly wave me in. they're used to me forgetting my ID by now. whatevs. i look about as threatening as a ladybug.
lauren
Newbie awkwardness always sucks-I'm sure you will be able to get out of that very quickly though! Still praying for you during your transition, and I'm so glad you are enjoying it so far!
Happy to hear it is going so well! I hope everyone is nice when you finally meet them!
Yay!! I'm so glad everything is going well!
Well that's great that the transition has been going so well!
Glad you had a nice weekend girl and that you are meeting new people at the job and getting together with friends!
Post a Comment