Monday, April 26, 2010

Unfiltered.

So, I wrote a long, rambly post about how I wanted to be more unfiltered on here, but I was all worried about offending and yada yada. And then I deleted it...haha.. It comes down to frankly I'm freaking boring when I dont vent on here. And life is not all sunshine and daisies... so I want my blog to accurately depict that feeling when it needs to...I'd love to have an anonymous blog, but I tried it once and I just like posting pictures too much!

...I woke up this morning and stepped out of my room....and right into dog pee in the sunroom. Yeah. Way to start a Monday.. haha.. My roomie's doggie's pee pee issue is not improving. And I always feel badly telling her b/c she gets really quiet and then I feel awkward like I'm the one who peed on the floor...(gross) but I feel like I SHOULD tell her b/c well.. it's gross. And twice now, Gracie has peed in the house... that is NOT something she does. EVER. Sooo roomie was somewhat acting like "see, your dog does it too" and I finally said "I think it's b/c she's smelling your pup's pee and thinking it's okay." Roomie went into that silent mode again. *nervous* Anyway...jsut sayin...that's all I'll say about this issue for now. Passive aggressive potty time. Nice.

...I'm excited about my new job this week (AGH) but seriously wish I'd given myself a day in between jobbies b/c I think I'm gonna show up to the new place with red eyes after bawling the day before. haha.. I mean.. I'm pumped for this new experience, but just wish I could take lotsa peeps with me. I'm an only child and somewhat resistant to change. That said, I know that about myself, so I know how to bawlk that resistance a little. So, yesterday, I went and had some retail therapy. Yeah. I mean.. who doesnt like starting a new job with new clothes?! Duh.

.... When I get stressy, I lick my lips. Therefore, my lips are awesomely chapped and have a little red ring around them. It's very Ronald McDonald fashion. You're jealous. I can tell. (Not QUITE as jealous as when I stepped in pee this morning, but jealous nontheless right? ;) )

...My debit card got hacked! WHOA! I logged in yesterday and saw some random charges from visanet terminal trace or something. I knew that looked shady, so I called and thankfully, I'll be able to dispute it. Also thankfully, I caught them before they took even more! The bank told me they've been at it since December and start slowly taking small amounts then start hitting your account with large withdrawls. AGH! So glad I logged in when I did!

Anyway, there's some venting couched in other randomness. My blog is my outlet and I should be able to use it more for that purpose than I've been doing lately. I just get so scared that so-and-so reads it or he/she/it will be offended by something random I go off on a diatribe about... Ever feel like that?

Anyway, I'm sending love from the midwest and hope you have a happy Monday, peeps!

19 comments:

Candace said...

oh man. I can totally relate! i always find your blog to be so refreshing! And I use my blog as an outlet too, sometimes afraid to write too much! Do you know I have never told anyone I know if 'real' life about my blog? a few people i know have stumbled upon it, and they were hurt that I didn't tell them I had one. But I just wanted something for me --so I totally get it! I am so proud of you for taking a change yesterday and posting what was really going throuh your head! It helps to really get it all out on the table. I hope the pup issues clear up soon --- it is going to be a tough habbit for your roomie to break if the said pup is already 4 !yikes! annddd --- have fun at the new job, i know you will do so well!! have a great week friend!!

Unknown said...

I completely understand and I like how you are willing to address the fact that life is not always sunshine. It's a lot easier to pretend it is. Anywho, hope you don't have to step in pee anymore, (GROSS) and keep keepin' it real! haha

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Puppy pee is the worst. Except for puppy poo. Which is exactly the issue we had with our dog when he was living at my brother's house with 4 guys and another dog. The other (darling) little pup seriously was not trained at ALL and pooped in the house. a lot. Of course, our baby, smelling and seeing all that, began to think it was a great place to go and was doing the same. And our baby is a big baby! So... you can imagine the mess. Now that he is out of that environment, we never have a problem. Ever. So, I am with you 100% on why Gracie is peeing a bit- that is probably the reason. And good for you for standing up for what you will and won't deal with in the house.
This is when the roomie thing gets tough! Don't feel bad though, girlie, it's your house too!
Good luck!!
XXOO
oh and ps- Good lck at the new job too- you'll be GREAT!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh my gosh my first pot luck college room mate thought she was a dog and went to the restroom on our dorm floor all the time---NO LYING! haha this just reminded me of that! I hope your day gets better!!!!!!

S said...

1) Visine Allergy eye - perfect fix for red eyes.
2) This is YOUR SPACE. Don't even feel like you can't vent. I think that everyone appreciates it when they read a slighly bumming blog from a typically upbeat blogger - let's us all know that we aren't alone ;)
3) You will kick ass at your new job and look slammin in new clothes!
4) Neosporen makes an amazing lipbalm...just sayin.
5) Sucks about the dog and the card. Sometimes it's hard to sit down and say difficult things (this goes to the dog and the money), but you will feel better after you do it. YOU did nothing wrong here.
6) Smile Doll! You could be stuck in the law library basement memorizing the elements of defamation, a la me ;) HAVE A FAB DAY!!

Marian said...

Hey girly girl.. DO what you want, its your blog. Who cares what others think, right. Good luck at the new job...how exciting. I did some retail therapy as well this weekend (though I probably should have saved the money for a big day that's coming up, but whatevs). Hope you had a fantabulous weekend love!!

xoxoxo

Brown Girl said...

Sometimes I think I should filter stuff more and then I think why? It's me. If you don't like it, don't read it ya know? This is your little piece of the net, enjoy it! It will make you feel good. ;)

AT least you didn't step in dog poop...or diarrhea...shit could always be worse!

Hilary said...

I definitely went to comment on your last post and it was gone!!

As for the roommate situation, that's such a tough one. There's a thin line(s)? between pointing it out & it not being a big deal, pointing it out & making it a big deal, being passive aggressive and nothing happens, and being passive aggressive and letting it build up into something even worse. I had a roommate in college that would just do little things that got on my nerves. She ended up telling me she was moving out to get a "bigger apartment complex feel" (whatever that means), and one day I was so fed up I texted "I can't wait till she moves out!" to her, when I meant to text it to my sister. To make matters worse, I tried to cover it up by telling her I was talking about my exchange student at home. Yeah, didn't work.

And as far as the blog venting goes, I totally agree that it's your blog & you should be able to write what you want, but it has definitely gotten me in trouble before. Just today, in fact, my parents found an old blog entry that I wrote 5 years ago. At the time, only 2-3 people I knew read my blog, and I used real names when I vented. Someone found my entry via Google, printed it out, and spread it through my CHURCH. Words that were 100% true and I wouldn't take back to this day, but I still see those people every once in a while and it's extremely awkward. All that, just to say, be careful what you say, because sometimes it can get you in trouble!

Okay, now that I've written a novel...

Kristen said...

Ugh about the dog pee... and I would totally put money on the fact that your sweet pup is only doing it because she smells the other pee. You're so right on that. Hope it gets better...

Good luck with the new job... I bet you'll be amazing. I have finals starting on Friday and crap ton of briefs and papers due too so my life is a bit crazy for now... light at the end of the tunnel. Only one semester to go of this insanity!!

Unknown said...

Whoa...someone has been hacking your debit card since December. CRAZY!!! I'm gonna go home and look at my account with a microscope :)-

Good luck with the new job hun. You'll do great!

Sorry about the potty issues with roomies dog. That's seriously gross and i wouldn't be able to not say something. How would she feel if it were right outside her door and she stepped in it? Or would she wipe it and keep quiet?

Anonymous said...

I noticed that you deleted a blog and wondered what that was all about...I think you should be able to vent, but I understand being careful what you say-it's a double-edged sword.

Anyway, that totally sucks about your roommates dog. My older pup, Max, is completely potty trained and always went outside. Then I got the new puppy, Maddy, and she has accidents in the house ALL THE TIME. Then all of a sudden I would come home from work and Max would have peed and pooped in the house! And this coincided with Maddy figuring out she has to hold it and has not had one accident in her crate for weeks. It's like they flipped because Max though it was okay since she did it :( Anyway, that was a novel to basically say that I agree, Gracie probably did it because she saw your roommates dog do it.

I hope things get more settled soon!

Unknown said...

Happy Monday! Looks like you had a fantasticly fun weekend :) Hope your Monday gets better, and YES this is our outlet to not be so perfect and chipper all the time!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well that's great that you caught the money stealers when you did! Sorry about the puppy pee. That would be such a frustrating situation.

April Lynn | Our Little Loves said...

you should not have to ever censor yourself on YOUR blog.
I saw your first few sentences on my blogvger dashboard and was like "you go girl" and clicked on it and it was gone.

..but I do understand. Sometimes there are things I want to say and then I think "hmmm, what if..."

Anonymous said...

go off. do it.

i'll love you no matter what. unless it's about me ; )

or you can always call me and vent, duh.

lauren

Laura and Ryan said...

Dude! I've got the same habit of licking my lips when I'm nervous. Every time I'm going through something you can tell by how bad my lips look!

Good luck with the dog pee situation...roommates can be equally awesome and frustrating. A lot like family ;)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I totally lick my lips too when I'm nervous! I thought I was the only one!

Anonymous said...

I was able to read the post yesterday. I thought that it was fine. And yes, that is strange. My poodle hasn't had an accident since she was five months old.
I'm new to your blog and absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing!

Sierra said...

You know, I really needed to read that because I feel like I don't blog about a lot of things because I am too afraid of offending someone who sneeks on my blog, lol. You know what though? Touch luck for them, because we should be allowed to be real, and I am proud of you for being real! When I am nervous I get really jittery and touch my face...then I get a big zit, lol!