Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Yeah, I said I was tired in that last post. And I am. But, I wanted to blog the weekend anyway... :)

Friday night, met up at Sarah's to decorate for Ashley's shower on Saturday! :) Then, Saturday, headed to Sarah's in the am to get everything ready..

Jenny and Sarah's sons, Maddox and Landen, are freaking ADORABLE, right?! They were just playing until....
...Sarah brought out the magic blue tent. And as if drawn by some other force, the two quietly crawled towards it as fast as possible. I dont know why I found it both picture worthy and hilarious.
Made it! Phew.
My friends are talented. Brooke makes baby carriages out of watermelons...(awesome, right?!)
caught red handed...er....cheese cube handed.. hiding in the pantry... Nice, girls. Nice.
I don't want to post a ton of pics/deets thereby potentially spoiling a post by Ashley about her shower, but here are some cute ones! :) It was a really good time and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it!!! :) Ready to meet baby Cooper!



My friends are all such hot moms. I'm just sayin. They are.

I changed clothes at Sarah's and met Eric (at a local Braums parking lot b/c I'm directionally challenged) and we drove to Carrie and Matt's wedding in a quaint little barn used for weddings and celebrations! Really cute and different setting...and a great time!
the fun party favors.. homemade (and eco-friendly) detergent! :) The bride and groom are very good to Mother Earth and it showed in a great way. Also, the rental fee for the wedding location went to a charity. How freaking cool is that?
The gorgeous bride! :)
AND I got my dresser assembled. Wait.. rephrase.. Maureen came over with wine. We started the dresser. I called Eric about hour number 2. Eric came over, disassembled some of what we'd done (oops), fixed it....and THEN the dresser was assembled! :)

I forgot to take a pic in my room (and I'm too lazy right now) so here it is! I got the Hemnes dresser from Ikea and so far, LOVE it! I've been thinking of replacing the knobs with fun, yellow ones from Anthropologie to go with my bedroom, but who knows.. That's for another day, another project. Til then, I'm just glad to not be getting my undergarments out of shopping bags on the floor. (Don't judge my stellar organization system I had going on, peeps...haha).

16 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

I LOVE your dress for the wedding! So cute! Those babies are too cute ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow knob idea!! Last year all i had to do was put two easels together for my desk from ikea... what a JOKE! one of the girls and I were like... oh... no prob... till it took forever and we didn't want to do it anymore!!

KatiePerk said...

What great ideas for the wedding! Cute favors too. Looks like you were a busy gal!

Ashley said...

Apparently I get REAL excited for bouncy seats :) The shower was awesome and so are you!!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I love the dress you wore to the wedding! Too cute! The wedding sounds like it really unique! And I love the idea of yellow knobs I think that would look fab. I hope you show pics when you get all settled in!!

Kaitlin said...

Ashley's shower looked so cute! I'm a bit late, but CONGRATS on the new job! Sounds like a great move- good luck!!

Mateya said...

Great pictures...love the dress you wore to the wedding!

Annie said...

so many cute pictures!! the babies are adorable!
the shower looks/sounds like it turned out perfect!
yay for getting your dresser assembled, thanks to e ;)
lastly, you are gorgeous lady!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Love the pics! You always have the cutest outfits on! I replaced all the knobs on my cabinets, armoire etc with anthro knobs and love the look!

Sierra said...

The babes are so so cute and I love your outfit, you stick out your arm like me, love it! Glad the shower turned out wonderful, have a nice week sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Jackie- You.are.too.freaking.cute!!
Love the pics of the shower and the wedding. Your dress was great! Good color on you :)
Have a happy day, lady!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Aww, a wedding in a barn sounds all kinds of rustic and incredible!! How fun.

Brittany said...

The carriage made out of watermelon is awesome :-) that takes talent.

I LOVE the dress you wore to the wedding! It's so cute!

And I think the yellow knob thing is a great idea. It would make it pop :-)

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

So fun! And I am loving your dress!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! I love baby showers and weddings :)

Meredith said...

I am so behind in reading blogs! First off, congrats on the new job!! I'm so glad it worked out for you and I know you'll love it!

Also--I must know where you got those shorts--they are so freaking cute! I saw some similar to them at the Limited--could that be where?

And last--I totally think you should replace the knobs, stuff like that is so simple (and relatively cheap) and always looks so great! I was at Anthro yesterday and just adore their stuff. Can't wait to see the whole room put together!