Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If you're random and you know it, clap your hands

So, I went to a s0cial media conf today. And it was alright. I mean.. there was definitely some good content, so I'm not gonna be all whatever about it. (I dont even know what being "whatever" about it means, but just go with it). But....um....there were a few people there who I'm pretty have never done anything except sit in front of a computer. Ever. I mean.. maybe they've got the whole system down and I'm the foolish one. But even if I'm the foolish one, I'm happy with that.. at least for my personal bloggage/s0cial media.

Case in point, a couple times, one person said (arrogantly) "I have thousands and thousands of hits on my (personal) blog every day" and I thought "why would you want thousands of hits on your blog, cybergeek fellow conference goer? How impersonal is that?!" Then someone said "NO one who has a real day job blogs for personal enjoyment. It's always about business." I thought "Um.. I have a few blogfriends who would likely disagree." Granted, I could go with the whole creating your personal brand in a sort of way....but...well...that's an argument I'm not in the mood to have with myself and I'd rather just assert their wrongness. Anyway, they all left for a "tw*et up" in the evening and my Edge drove me home. I had no choice.. it's where the Edge wanted to go. (I take no blame for not participating in said tweet activities.)

Anyway, while I'm mentioning cars, have you seen this? Holy crap it's hilarious! See look... I'm keepin it real.. talking about s0cial media... (Yeah, I dunno. Just trying to tie in my randomness here).

And finally and MOST importantly here...DID YOU SEE LOST TONIGHT? DID YOU? Oh.my.gawd. I wont ruin it in case you've dvred it. But, um... if that's the case, you need to go home immediately and watch it. Your boss will understand. Trust me. (Don't really go home. Unless you want to. Then whatever.)

My adorable, fat dog is sawing logs. I'm taking the hint. Night night, peeps!

12 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

I watched LOST. And now I think I officially hate this season. STOP KILLING OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!! They better pull a fast one at the end of this season and redeem themselves or else I'll be super pissed that I spent so many years of my life watching this show.

Nikosmommy said...

LOST was great...it can't be easy wrapping up a show like that. I was glued!
And apparently now I want a "swagger wagon" of my own???!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not into LOST, I caught myself watching it and enjoying it last season but I didn't want to be the wife that sat there and asked a million questions to hubs. I don't think he would like that very much... He was a little emotional at the end last night though!

nicole said...

I went to 1 tweetup...never again. Some people just don't realize that blogging is not life, it's a hobby.

Hilary said...

I watched Lost last night and can't believe it!! I wonder if they're going to kill off everyone who isn't on "the list". I'm going to be super upset - Kate is my favorite!! Okay, now that I sound like a geek, I'm gonna go..

Patience said...

Lost was SOOO good. The ending was sad, but man was it good.

Windy City Kelley's said...

I'm with you, there are a LOT of people that blog just for the joy of it (ahem - me)! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh!!! Last nights lost was amazing! I'm a little sad about it though....

Brittany Ann said...

I'm with you girl. Yeah, sure, we build our brand, but we do this because we love it! Sigh! People...

And LOST? Holy crap!

Meredith said...

Glad the new job is going so well!! And I have a day job and consider my blog personal enjoyment. Maybe I misunderstood, or maybe that person is an idiot? :) We're off to watch LOST now!!! Can't wait!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ok, I couldn't read your whole post :( becasue I am not caught up on LOST yet - so I can't really leave a good comment...but I am excited to watch the episode! I heard it was crazy!

Sierra said...

Okay now I want to watch Lost even though I told myself I am renting the season when it's over because I am so Lost, lol. But now you have me curious - glad you are well and that you are loving the new job lady!