You can likely tell from the extremely artistic rendering, but in case it's not 100% clear (haha)
...... ERIC AND I ARE GOING TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!We've wanted to book something for the fall...aka when the Caribbean is in hurricane season. Sure there's trip insurance, but that just means no vacation if a hurricane comes....or being stuck in one. Both not fun options. So, we started looking stateside...and couldn't decide. We looked in Mexico, but again, couldn't decide... and we didn't really want to go all-inclusive b/c we're explorers of sorts and don't like being stuck one place for meals, etc. (Granted, all inclusives are kinda awesomesauce). We looked at Canada, but Oct/Nov might not be the most fun in Canada (brrrr!!). We did a random search for Hawaii and low and behold, the fall is "shoulder season" aka rates are EXTREMELY low to get there. THEN, the hotel Eric's parents loved is having some minor construction onsite, sooo rates are like 70% off. It was as though someone was screaming "ARE YOU MORONS?! BOOK THIS RIGHT NOW!" We're going to Hawaii more cheaply than we'd be going almost anywhere else we looked beach-related. YEEHAW!
My logical brain kept saying "Save money. SAVE MONEY." But, everything else was saying "Hey, Planny McPlannerson, do it. You're single, don't have children yet, and might as well go see as much as you can!"
So, it's obvious which side won.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
We're going to Maui.. tips/advice/recommendations appreciated! :)
30 comments:
I live in Hawaii and you're going to love it! I'm on a different island though, so I'm not sure what Maui is like but you will have a great time, guaranteed!!
love love love love LOOOOOOOVE Hawaii. Maui is wonderful, you will absolutely love it.
I want to Honolulu in February... it was amazing. Went to Maui a loooong time ago, and my parents have been there several times. You really can't go wrong with anywhere in Hawaii at any time of the year. It's incredible.
So - could this be a ring on a finger on a beach trip?!!?!? (is this totally inappropriate for me to ask? if so, I blame bar brain... that's a good excuse, right?)
awwww yay!!!! that's so great! I'm SO excited for you!
Awesome. That is funny since my hubby and I have been thinking the same thing. We have our anniv. in Sept but due to hurricane season, fall travel is hard. And hawaii is so far away from the Midwest. I am jealous!
Congrats! That is such an exciting trip to take!!!! My parents went to Maui for their 25th anniversary and LOVED it!
JEALOUS. You are going to LOVE Maui!! And then I'm going to look through all of your pics and immediately want to go back...tear. A few musts: the Old Lahaina Luau; dinner at Nick's Fishmarket in Wailea (amazing food/gorgeous setting); surf lessons in Lahaina; drinks at sunset at Kimo's; snorkeling around Black Rock at the Sheraton in Kaanapali; if it's whale season, the Pacific Whale Foundation's tour is fantastic. The book, "Maui Revealed" is a great resource for food/events/places to go...the author is pretty frank about what stuff is pointless too :) Have FUN!
Woohooo fun!!
I've been to Hawaii twice. Once in Sept and once in November. You really can't go wrong going during that time b/c the weather is perfect. We went to Honolulu, but I've heard amazing things about Maui. My girlfriend stayed at the Four Seasons Maui for her honeymoon and said the spa there is a must!
Hope you have fun on your vacation!
OMG - Maui is my favorite place on earth! You are going to love it. One thing my husband and I love doing is going to Lahaina and going on a drink/appetizer crawl through all the restaurants.
So excited for you!!!
That is so awesome! I'm quite jealous :) I heard Hawaii is beautiful! Enjoy yourself!
that is so exciting!! I am jealous. and fall is right around the corner so you can look forward to going fairly soon, instead of when you plan vacays a year in advance. love those but its so hard to wait. have fuN!
I'm SOO jealous!! I think this was a great decision! Do it now while you have the time!! :)
I am so jealous! I hope you have a fabulous time!
First of all, your drawing = HILARIOUS! Secondly, i am so jealous! do you think you could just squeeze me in your suitcase? haha! Seriously though, I'm so excited for you! You have been working so hard, and Eric too--its time for an awesome vaca for the both of you!!!( and I just made a ryme that was NOT intentional!)
That's exciting news - I'm jealous! My sister did an internship in Hawaii and loved it there. I'm glad you didn't let the logical brain win this one!
Yay!!! I'm jumping for joy for you guys. I'm soooo happy you found an amazing deal hun. I just knew you would :)
Can't wait to share stories & pictures.
HAWAII look-out...we're a'comin your way!
yay!!!! yall will have a blast!!!!!
So jealous, but soo very exited for you too! And how cool that you got an awesome deal on it too! Awesome!
oh yay! That is so awesome and fun!
i just have one question: DO YOU HAVE A LAYOVER IN L.A.? i'm not yelling at you, i am just VERY excited at the prospect of having a beer in the airport with you and your sweetheart. :) let me know!!!
WOOHOO! Your going to love it and never want to come back. It truly is PARADISE.
Lucky bums!!! I LOVE Maui, we got engaged and married there and have been there a bunch of other times too. If you are interested in getting a book, Maui Revealed is an excellent source on everything Maui has to offer. I would strongly recommend going to Mama's Fishouse for dinner one night. It is a little pricey but the best meal you will have and the grounds are gorgeous!! I always tell friends to go see the sunrise on top of the crater. It is about a two hour trip (obviously way early in the morning since the sun isn't up yet) and it is actually pretty cold up at the top, but it is such a beautiful experience. I have done it a few times now and every time, I am so happy I did it. I could go on for days so if you have any questions, feel free to email me!!
I am a newbie to your blog, but already a big fan! Thank you for sharing your stories! My husband and I got back from our honeymoon in Hawaii almost 2 months ago, but we still talk about it almost every day. Maui was our FAVORITE. Go to Mama's Fish House. Do it. Seriously. Try to eat out on the patio if you can. It was my husband's favorite meal. Ever. We did the drive to Hana, but wish we hadn't. I think it is one of those things you do just to say you did it. If you're an adventurous outdoorsy person, then you should absolutely make the trip. The Shops at Wailea have some really awesome stores. I bought a couple of dresses at Enchantress Boutique to wear out to dinner. They have some super cute things. Regardless of what you do, you will have a wonderful time!
How exciting!!! What hotel is so cheap there right now? Every time I look they're all so expensive!
YAY!! Thats going to be so much fun!!! WOOT WOOT
YAY Congratulations :-) MAUI is incredible, you are absolutely going to love it. PS what is shoulder season?
Jax just wanted to let you know that I passed along a blog award to you! If you would like to check it out, you can find it on this post on my blog.
http://agenerationwhatsnextperspective.blogspot.com/2010/07/youre-going-places-baby.html
Hope you have a great weekend continuing to plan your Hawaii trip! (Because I know I would not stopping thinking about Hawaii until I was on the plane there)
How fun! I used to live in Hawaii and it's sooo amazing. Maui is kind of quiet and serene, which I'm sure will be romantic.
It doesn't cost much to catch a flight to the other islands so I would definitely go to the Big Island and explore the lava rock, black sand beaches and if you can...go see a live volcano at night. The lava glows, it's amazing, and they even take you really close to it as it's falling into the ocean. Gorgeous!
Oahu is another island that has some fun stuff. I would climb Diamond Head if you like to be adventurous. Also the pineapple plantation is so much fun!
I'm so jealous-have a great time!
You will love it.
Don't miss the Road to Hana!
Bring a blanket if you watch the sunrise on the highest peak. It gets very cold!
If you have a choice to go snorkeling, choose Lanai. It is way better with no other people. The guy that will take you there is right outside of Lahaina.
In addition, check out what the locals call The Big Beach. It is great for boogie boarding.
Oh...eat as much fresh fruit and pork possible. It is the best in the world. :)
FUN!!! As you can tell I'm just catching up on blogs so I am totally late to this but that is so awesome! I love Maui!
Post a Comment